Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

joepacelli

Old October 19th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I'm currently running Rise of the Runelords and use Hero labs. I'm looking to purchase Campaign Cartographer for map generation and also looking to purchase Realm Works to manage my campaign.

I've been watching the tutorials on it as well as the Gen Con 2014 videos and heard mention of data packages, specifically Rise of the Runelords.

However I'm not able to locate anything about this. While I still plan to purchase Realm Works what is the status of RotRL content? I've purchased it for Hero Labs and it's helped tremendously from that perspective, but from a campaign/storyline that content would benefit him much more. Especially the Fog of World feature. We play once a month and trying to remember something from 1-2 months ago is not easy. And if it occurred last year, it's even harder.
joepacelli is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 19th, 2015, 11:33 AM
While there are plans to support certain books through realm works in the future, I don't recall whether RotRL was something we have announced. In either case, the content market will have to go live before we can sell anything, and getting that portion of the program functional is the current highest priority.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old October 19th, 2015, 11:49 AM
What's the timeline for content market going live?

I know nothing definitive was announced. But this was an old thread Data Packages for Realm works

From everything I've seen so far, Realm Works looks very good, and it's what I'm having my wife or son get me for Christmas, along with Campaign Cartographer for maps.

How well do these maps work with RW? I assume I would just save them in a certain format and then put pin's on it, and use the Fog of World feature during my campaign.

Also, if RotRL content is not available, since I have the PDF of the product, am I allowed to import these maps from the book, or even the content?
joepacelli is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 19th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
What's the timeline for content market going live?
Nothing has been officially announced. However, the content market is our next big objective.

Quote:
I know nothing definitive was announced. But this was an old thread Data Packages for Realm works

From everything I've seen so far, Realm Works looks very good, and it's what I'm having my wife or son get me for Christmas, along with Campaign Cartographer for maps.

How well do these maps work with RW? I assume I would just save them in a certain format and then put pin's on it, and use the Fog of World feature during my campaign.
Exactly correct.

Quote:
Also, if RotRL content is not available, since I have the PDF of the product, am I allowed to import these maps from the book, or even the content?
Absolutely! RW is simply another (more powerful) mechanism for sharing the material with your players.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old October 19th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Content market timeline: when its ready.

CC: I use it. A lot. Save output as jpg or png, import into RW, stick pins in it.

Self-input: ABSOLUTELY! Just don't try to share what you do through the content market when it does go live.

Edit: Bah, beaten by Rob.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 19th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Quote:
However I'm not able to locate anything about this. While I still plan to purchase Realm Works what is the status of RotRL content?
We hope to provide some official information on this within the next few weeks.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old October 19th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Looking forward to the announcement in the coming weeks
joepacelli is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 20th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
we hope to provide some official information on this within the next few weeks.
Hrngh!

Attached Images
File Type: gif krVuuP1.gif (365.2 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Pollution; October 21st, 2015 at 04:06 AM. Reason: apparently, I gave someone seizures
Pollution is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 20th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Aargh my eyes!
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 20th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Pollution, how did you hack my my laptops camera and take a short video of me at the exact moment I read Rob's post?!

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote