Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old November 26th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Tactial: You learn one of the following maneuvers available to the Battle Master archetype in the fighter class: Commander's Strike, Distracting Strike, Maneuvering Attack, Rally. You have one superiority dice, which is a d6. If you gain superiority dice from another source, this die increases to the size of the largest superiority die you have. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest.

I got the expression right, but not sure what next to do to assign that ability to the race. When the fighter adds a maneuver it has its own spot, what I need to do at least is get the chosen to grant that maneuver so it shows proper in specials. Any suggestions? This should be easy but I am finding the UI of 5th Ed to be trickier to deal with than pathfinder's UI.

I guess I am trying to get the manuver to list its info in special like how it would when a fighter takes a manuver.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; November 26th, 2017 at 08:08 AM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 26th, 2017, 11:05 AM
Check the configurable for Martial Adept - it sets the fields on the character to have the tertiary class abilities needed (of which the fighter maneuvers are considered). This configurable page is bootstrapped by the feat of the same name (Martial Adept).

If you make a copy of the Martial Adept configurable and bootstrap it inside your ability (after dropping the cfgMax3 value down to 1), you'll get another page to select the maneuver on. (NOTE: you will need to reload hero lab after creating a configurable, it won't show up until after the system is reloaded).

Something in the way a configurable is coded sets the context for the maneuver correctly for it to show up on the specials page. ShadowChemosh might be able to chime in here for a way to do this without a configurable based on a simple dropdown choice, but givne the number of things that the fighting maneuvers do (the save DC, the superiority dice), you might be better served using the configurable logic since we have an example that works.

You'll also find the code in the feat above that modifies your superiority dice if necessary.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old November 27th, 2017, 05:11 AM
That did the trick! Odd that I am having renaming issues with it, but I can live with what I have. Thanks DG!

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote