Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

DeltaMasterMind

Old October 18th, 2018, 07:40 AM
I wish to request a CustomUser field be added to the hero for the purpose of using it for workarounds when trying to get multiple user files working together without them throwing errors when one or more are missing. I plan to use this field for alot of conditions to make things happen that only should happen when other content "adds" its part into the "package". I keep finding that I am stuck with a Base file > additional files approach and I want to have a workaround so all files I build can be independent yet able to signal to each other using the herofield as a base point.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 18th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Not sure what exactly you are trying to do . . .

You can't use the Source or Replace fields to do what your want???

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 18th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Not quite, lets say I have official content files and my custom rules file and I have content in my file that adds to the official content file, however due to the way things like rMultiatt work I need to modify the official content file to work with my file, yet if I do that then one or the other requires that the other file is present. I need to be able to make them work together without actually needing to keep adding code to the official file. I do maintain the official file, however I want to get the cross scripting to work without errors saying this item does not exist and failing at the dataset loading screen. I need both files to operate together without them being dependent on the other.

Pathfinder Thread
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.

Last edited by DeltaMasterMind; October 18th, 2018 at 01:48 PM.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old October 18th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Changing the base coding will never be possible.

What you can do is create a copy of the ability you want to change giving it its own tag. The put the original tag in the space on the right side of the new ability. The space is labeled 'Replace thing id'.

In all my time of coding HeroLab, I've never come across a situation where I was required to modify Original Coding. I'd just make a copy, modify it to my heart'sa content, and have my copy replace the original.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 18th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Hmm that might work...I will post later on my luck.

Pathfinder Thread
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote