Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 22nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
When typing in the Background section or in one of the journal entries the text seems to start again at the beginning of the line sometimes after missing a few letters I typed.
For example, I might want to type:
"When I did hear the motly fool thus moral on the time, my lungs began to crow like Chanticleer"
But what I get is:
"l on the time, my lungs began to crow like ChanticleerWhen I did hear the motly fool thus m"

This error can be avoided by t y p i n g v e r y s l o w l y, but it is an annoying bug. Also, I made a character with the Expert class and assigned him his 10 class skills, but alas, every time I load the character Hero lab has forgotten what I selected and I must choose them again...

Thanks for all your hard work.
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2007, 02:09 AM
At 06:10 AM 3/22/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
When typing in the Background section or in one of the journal entries the text seems to start again at the beginning of the line sometimes after missing a few letters I typed.
For example, I might want to type:
"When I did hear the motly fool thus moral on the time, my lungs began to crow like Chanticleer"
But what I get is:
"l on the time, my lungs began to crow like ChanticleerWhen I did hear the motly fool thus m"

This error can be avoided by t y p i n g v e r y s l o w l y, but it is an annoying bug.
Thanks for this last tidbit. This will help us nail down the source of the problem faster than just having the problem itself!

Quote:
Also, I made a character with the Expert class and assigned him his 10 class skills, but alas, every time I load the character Hero lab has forgotten what I selected and I must choose them again...
Ugh. That sounds like either a saving or loading bug. It looks like we've got a few bugs to fix before we start working on the next round of features. :-)

Quote:
Thanks for all your hard work.
You're quite welcome! Thanks for the patience in putting up with the above bugs until we can get them fixed (which should be sometime this week).
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2007, 01:59 PM
At 06:10 AM 3/22/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Also, I made a character with the Expert class and assigned him his 10 class skills, but alas, every time I load the character Hero lab has forgotten what I selected and I must choose them again...
I am unable to reproduce this bug. When I create an expert, assign the skills, save it, then reload it, all of the 10 class skills are restored exactly the way I set them. Can anyone else reproduce this problem? If so, what are you doing differently from me so that I can figure out the problem and fix it?
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
sppeterson

Old March 29th, 2007, 04:08 PM
The expert's class skills are working for me. Using the 3/28 1.1 version.
sppeterson is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old March 30th, 2007, 08:20 PM
They are still working wonkily for me. Although now only with craft, profession, perform, and Knowledge skills (basically anything you need to select a specific type for. The error message reads:

lookup failed due to premature reference to pick
Menu-selected Pick is Missing; id=cExpSkill -> id=kProfOther
Menu-selected Pick is Missing; id=cExpSkill -> id=kCrafOther
Menu-selected Pick is Missing; id=cExpSkill -> id=kPerfAct
Menu-selected Pick is Missing; id=cExpSkill -> id=kKnowArcan
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old March 30th, 2007, 08:57 PM
How about the wierd looping type issue, is that in progress to be fixed as well?
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:13 AM
At 09:20 PM 3/30/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
They are still working wonkily for me. Although now only with craft, profession, perform, and Knowledge skills (basically anything you need to select a specific type for. The error message reads:
Thanks to Colen being able to interpret what you were trying to say, this should now be fixed. In the future, please provide as much detail about the problem as possible. I was completely lost by your (to my interpretation) abbreviated explanations, so I was looking for the problem in the completely wrong place and unable to reproduce the problem. So this issue almost didn't get fixed in this release. The more detail and explanation you can provide, the more likely my poor brain will be able to properly grasp the problem and be able to figure out how to fix it. :-)
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:14 AM
At 09:57 PM 3/30/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
How about the wierd looping type issue, is that in progress to be fixed as well?
I have no idea what the "weird looping type issue" is. So I'm not sure whether we fixed it or not in this release. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we did. If not, please provide as much detail and description as possible.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote