Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Insaniac99

Old February 17th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I typically use Herolab to create example characters that I'll make in batches of twenty or so that I'll print out and give my players to look over. I would really like to see a function that outputs all the characters in a portfolio as a batch process, seems to me that it would be as simple as making a foreach statement out of the existing process, but perhaps there's more to it?

Also (and this is specifically in 3e), I built a character who duplicates, and bought up to 8 duplicates and encountered a few problems. The first is that it didn't add 8 duplicates to the portfolio, but only 5 so I can't properly use herolab for combat. I really don't know how it came up with that number since the power is:

Duplication: Duplication 6 (Mental Link, Horde, Multiple Minions 3 (8 minions)

which doesn't have a 5 anywhere in there... Now the second problem is that I would have to input separate stats for each of those duplicates, even though they are supposed to be exactly the same.
Insaniac99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Canonically, the maximum number of minions added is limited to 5 for the purposes of reducing complexity and portfolio size. For that reason, I very seldom use the attached minions, but rather create them as separate unique characters and then use the Duplicate Hero under Portfolio to create additional copies for a given battle. I've found that works particularly well for Duplicates, which are identical copies anyhow.

It is possible to change the rules to up the amount of minions. Go to the Editor, and add a copy of Duplication. Change its bootstraps to have additional minions added, and then change the "Replaces ID" field to match that of Duplication. Click Test Now and you're off and ready.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Ah, much thanks. Is there any solution to the multi-print though?
Insaniac99 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Not currently. This is something we hope to fix in a future version of Hero Lab.
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the reply Colen, I'm looking forward to version 3.7 (And Realm Works!)
Insaniac99 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote