Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Giddoen

Old April 9th, 2013, 07:20 AM
So I am trying to make a hero for HoE and I am making a Templar and when I get to edges and choose the Templar I get a crash notice I will try to capture the image and upload it here.

Just wanted to see if others are having this issue?

Giddoen

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I've made several Templar characters with no issues. I sometimes have issues with Hero Lab just crashing for no apparent reason when adding something, though. Did you try to do it a couple of times (make sure you save your portfolio just before you select that Templar Edge, though, so if it crashes on you again you've at least got that much of it saved.)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
My Hell on Earth file is up to date and I just made a complete character and is a Templar with the Templar edge and it worked fine. When I went to give them a weapon "Peacemaker .45 SA, it crashed and closed. So not sure where or what in those files are causing it to crash. I will try to make a new character again and save it this time zarlor.

Last edited by jbearwillis; April 9th, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I've been getting a few crashes, often when adding weapons as well, like on the DLNoir file. I had it happen twice in a row adding the weapon for the Grifter NPC but the third time it took. I wonder if there is some odd little hitch in Hero Lab we are running into. I may have to follow-up on actually noting down the full crash log errors.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Don't know it worked this time - Chalk it up to the hero lab ghost in the machine.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Here is the crash I get when it does happen. It happens at random times when building a character with user files. So not sure if it doesn't like something in the files or what. Never happens in the basic hero lab files.

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\Users\jwillis\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror4104.t xt

C:\Program Files\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1b 353

major: 6, minor: 0, build: 6002, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 2, spmaj: 2, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0051bb27
Type: bad read

Last edited by jbearwillis; April 9th, 2013 at 08:47 AM.
jbearwillis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old April 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
My Hell on Earth file is up to date and I just made a complete character and is a Templar with the Templar edge and it worked fine. When I went to give them a weapon "Peacemaker .45 SA, it crashed and closed. So not sure where or what in those files are causing it to crash. I will try to make a new character again and save it this time zarlor.
Exactly what happened to me...I added the peacemaker and boom crash!

Giddoen

Giddoen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old April 9th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I will try again...not the end of the world (no pun intended ) :-)

I will send the error report if it happens...kinda goofing off at work so not a big priority just wanted to see if others where having the same issues. Thanks for all the feedback.

Giddoen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old April 9th, 2013, 11:02 AM
ok crashed again...I tried to add a different ranged weapon - police gun. got the following error:
HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\Users\jpolack\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror4772.t xt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1b 353

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0051bb27
Type: bad read

Giddoen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Looks like the same error on the same address. I think we will have to send those reports on to Lone Wolf support and see if they can figure something out. If it is something odd in any of my data files I'll certainly be happy to fix it, but with that error I'm not sure how I would figure out what it could be.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote