Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

H2Os

Old February 17th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Is there a way to get this to work for npcs created within herolab?
H2Os is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
slate

Old February 17th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Maybe in the future when the NPC sheet is rebuilt to work more like a PC, but as of right now, no. Feats and items assigned to NPCs don't work the same way that they do when assigned to a PC. For example, assigning weapons to an NPC does not create the strikes associated with that weapon on the NPC sheet and armor does not change the AC of the NPC. They're simply too different at this point, it'd be like creating a whole new project.

I believe there's currently an initiative to make the NPC sheet function a lot more similarly to the PC sheet. Once that is released, I will be revisiting the NPC import capability.
slate is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old February 18th, 2021, 03:24 AM
Thank you.
H2Os is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
GMScott

Old February 19th, 2021, 05:34 AM
I just discovered Foundry a few months ago, and it instantly became my favorite VTT since MapTool! (I've used d20PRo, Roll20, FantasyGrounds, and a few others, but I didn't "love" them)

Next, I discovered your converter, Slate, and I wanted to thank you for such a great module! The amount of time it has already saved me is incredible, and it will only help me more in the future, because I just started a campaign with 6 players for Age of Ashes.

That's a lot of transferals I don't have to do by hand!

Last edited by GMScott; February 19th, 2021 at 06:58 AM.
GMScott is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 19th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScott View Post
I just discovered Foundry a few months ago, and it instantly became my favorite VTT since MapTool! (I've used d20PRo, Roll20, FantasyGrounds, and a few others, but I didn't "love" them)
I've poked around at Foundry but haven't been willing to invest any time in it. Is it as much of a mess as it seems to be?

It looks like all the content, including game systems, are created by random people. I can't find a search feature to try and find a specific APs. And the content all seems to be sorted by last update, so you have to scroll through all the content to find anything.

Once you're using it, does if feel any better organized? I'd like to try it but everything about their website has put me off.
mototom is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old February 19th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
I've poked around at Foundry but haven't been willing to invest any time in it. Is it as much of a mess as it seems to be?

It looks like all the content, including game systems, are created by random people. I can't find a search feature to try and find a specific APs. And the content all seems to be sorted by last update, so you have to scroll through all the content to find anything.

Once you're using it, does if feel any better organized? I'd like to try it but everything about their website has put me off.
If you've ever tried roll20 it's similar. Finding modules can be a bit disorganized but once you get what you want. It'll update your modules with a single click. As for the Rulesets, yeah it's mostly fan done. I do believe Warhammer 4th is officially released.

PF2 is fan done and it's support is phenomenal. Is it perfect? no, but it's the best out there short of Fantasy Grounds.

If you ever want to see Foundry, reach out and I can screen share on discord and walk you through some things.
H2Os is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old February 20th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Thanks, I may take you up on that. I use Roll20 now. I use a lot of dynamic lighting. Roll20 with fog of war bogs down a few of my players' computers. And we have the occasional game where video and audio just won't behave. So I'm looking at trying other things. Fantasy Grounds and Astral both were somewhat perplexing for me.
mototom is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old February 21st, 2021, 03:00 AM
Send me a pm whenever and we can figure something out. I'm working on setting up Abomination vaults so you can see some set up.
H2Os is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 21st, 2021, 11:43 AM
I also wonder about the organization, i tried to look to see if they had a few PF1 adventure paths, but it looks like they have none for sale?
Toblakai is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old March 19th, 2021, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Os View Post
If you ever want to see Foundry, reach out and I can screen share on discord and walk you through some things.
I ended up just jumping in. I really like it! I am using Forge to host it and should be moving my first campaign to it on Tuesday!

Last edited by mototom; March 19th, 2021 at 12:10 PM.
mototom is offline   #20 Reply With Quote