Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

solomani

Old April 23rd, 2024, 05:47 PM
Hi all,

I am migrating my game from 5e to PF and I reactivated my HeroLab account/sub to help with the PC migration. However, I have not touched/used HeroLab in almost a decade and I had some questions.

I did google some tutorials but they are all 7+ years old so not sure they are valid. I am using the Classic app, but happy to use it online if these are limitations with classic:
  • Custom Magic Weapon/Armor - is it possible to add a descriiption of some kind? For example a sword that can cast a spell 1/day.
  • Monsters - is it possible to reduce the HD of a mosnter or it only goes up?
  • Is it possible to create a custom template? or, failing that, adding supernatural abilities like incopreal somwhere?

Thanks in advance.
solomani is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 23rd, 2024, 11:19 PM
You can do all of that with Classic. Online has no editor and less customisation.
Most custom stuff will either require you to use an adjustment, or do some basic editor work if a template/adjustment doesn't already exist.
Monsters - adding HD or class levels is very easy. To lower HD you can use adjustments like "Racial HD".

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
solomani

Old April 24th, 2024, 04:20 PM
Perfect, thank you. Is there a way to add more traits? Even if it has no mechanical impact and is just a text block for my own reference.
solomani is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomani View Post
Perfect, thank you. Is there a way to add more traits? Even if it has no mechanical impact and is just a text block for my own reference.
Certainly... feats, traits, etc can all be added with the editor. The easiest way if find an existing thing that it similar, copy it and then edit. You can always ask for assistance here and we'll do what we can to help you out.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
solomani

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM
Thanks! Let me experiment first.
solomani is offline   #5 Reply With Quote