Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Fiordhraoi

Old March 25th, 2021, 07:52 AM
Hey all,

Trying to make a prestige class, and I would like to add a feature that is similar to the +1 caster level in a previous class sort of thing. In this case though, I would like to continue power progression of previously held domains in addition.

Example: I have a Cleric 6 / Prestige Class 6. Cleric has the Air domain. Normally, if this Cleric takes a prestige class, that means he'd have the level 6 air domain ability (Electricity resistance 10). However, I would like Hero Lab to add the prestige class levels to the Cleric for the purposes of domain powers, meaning he'd have access to the 12th level Air power (Electricity resistance 20).

Suggestions?

Last edited by Fiordhraoi; March 25th, 2021 at 09:31 AM.
Fiordhraoi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Once you figure out how many bonus levels to apply, the place to apply them is the xExtraLev field on the domain abilities themselves - so in the case of the air domain, you'd want to add it to dAirArc, dAirRes6, dAirRes12, and dAirRes20.

I think it'll work to just add to the xExtraLev field on the domain itself - I think we have things set up such that the domain's powers will calculate their effective level based on the domain. You'll want to apply that bonus level in the pre-levels phase, so that it's already in place before the level calculations start on the individual abilities.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Fiordhraoi

Old March 25th, 2021, 08:40 AM
Gotcha. I'm very new to the scripting here, I've mostly just been building by tweaking examples.

I'm assuming that gets placed in an Eval script on the Prestige Class itself? And would there be any way to add it to ANY domain(s) previously held? I don't necessarily know that the Cleric (or theoretically Druid) in question is going to have any particular domain.

I'm guessing that would get more complicated, doing some sort of script to look for any domains that are present/not zero and then add the levels of the prestige class to the xExtraLev field on any domains it finds?

Thank you for the quick response!
Fiordhraoi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 25th, 2021, 08:48 AM
I'm afraid it'll be a while before I've got time to work out the exact details - can someone take my sketch of how to do this, and turn it into beginner instructions? I apologize - sketching out the path to follow is something I can do in a few minutes and then get back to work, but working out all the details will take me a while.

What are the class' rules on what domains it alters? You never said in your original question whether this applies to a particular named domain, any one domain selected by the character, or all cleric domains the character has. Each one will require a different way of approaching this.

I'd put your extra question into a separate thread - that way, someone who may know the answer to that one can see it, and answer it, even if they don't know the answer to the first question.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Fiordhraoi

Old March 25th, 2021, 09:31 AM
Gotcha, and no worries! I'm not in a rush on this. Any help you can provide when it's convenient for you is appreciated.

So, the idea of this class is as a divine caster "extension" of sorts. I honestly struggled with the choice of making it an archetype or prestige class, but ultimately I thought it fit better as a 10 level deviation sort of thing and made more sense to have both prerequisites and a defined end point before 20.

So, as for the domain thing, the idea is that whatever domains the character has continue to advance as if they were a cleric/druid. Pretty much identical to how some prestige classes say "+1 level in an existing spellcaster class" for spellcasting, I want that same sort of idea for domains. "+1 effective level in a domain-grainting class" for the purposes of domains.
Fiordhraoi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote