Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I apologize - Exalted of the Society is in the Faction Guide, which is campaign setting #4 - I just saw the Pathfinder Society part and forgot that this trait wasn't from the Pathfinder Society book).

If you page through the book itself, you can take a look at what items are there, and know what to expect in the package in Hero Lab.
Mathias is offline   #71
Brendimar

Old November 29th, 2011, 07:24 AM
There is one issue that I'm having with herolab (pathfinder version I'm using), using wordspells. When you create more favorite wordspells then the spell box can hold, it doesn't create the scrollbar and the list of spells continues off the porgram page.

It might be an easy fix but I don't know.. thank you for the great program! I wouldn't have figured out how cool wordspells are without it!

EDIT: Perhaps there could be a seperate tab for favorite wordspells creations, as the base spell list (class tab) doesn't start scrolling unless the list reaches the bottom of the page, but that also pushes your favorite wordspell creations off the page completely. Seperating the lists onto different tabs might be the easiest fix? Thanks!

Last edited by Brendimar; November 29th, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Brendimar is offline   #72
Mad Hamish

Old November 30th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Headband of Vast Intellect +6 problem

I've just added one to a character and I can still only select 2 skills for it.

"a headband of vast intelligence has one skill associated with it per +2 bonus it grants. After being worn for 24 hours, the headband grants a number of skill ranks in those skills equal to the wearer's total Hit Dice. "

So it should be giving 3 skills
Mad Hamish is offline   #73
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hamish View Post
Headband of Vast Intellect +6 problem

I've just added one to a character and I can still only select 2 skills for it.

"a headband of vast intelligence has one skill associated with it per +2 bonus it grants. After being worn for 24 hours, the headband grants a number of skill ranks in those skills equal to the wearer's total Hit Dice. "

So it should be giving 3 skills
I'm afraid I can't duplciate this - when I add a headband +6, there's a helper item - a fake magic item - added to the list with the main item, and I can add the third skill there.
Mathias is offline   #74
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old November 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid I can't duplciate this - when I add a headband +6, there's a helper item - a fake magic item - added to the list with the main item, and I can add the third skill there.
It's not an error, look at the top of the magic items list and there is an extra entry for the third skill selection. (This gives it two entries on the magical items tab)

It puzzled me at first, but it is there and I'm using it in my current campaign.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #75
Exitilus

Old November 30th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Magus cannot take Arcane Strike feat. Says "This ability (or equivilant) has already been added to the hero".

In playtest they declared they could not stack, but it was removed for the final re-write. Just checked the PRD / FAQ and verified there is no longer any mention of the two not working (obviously though both cannot be activated in the same round)
Exitilus is offline   #76
Mad Hamish

Old November 30th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
It's not an error, look at the top of the magic items list and there is an extra entry for the third skill selection. (This gives it two entries on the magical items tab)

It puzzled me at first, but it is there and I'm using it in my current campaign.
Thanks for you and Mathias, it was off the screen and I missed it.
Mad Hamish is offline   #77
Daemonfey

Old December 1st, 2011, 12:12 AM
I just reproduced a Salamander out of the book with hero lab - this means, I merely added a spear. When carrying the spear in both hands, attack bonus and bonus damage for high strength are reduced for the tail slap. - While this is correct, that should NOT happen to the constrict damage - the monster entry still gives that as 2d6+4, not 2d6+1 like the tailslap.

- That means, that the "Constrict"-Ability has to ignore the fact that the tailslap became a secondary attack due to the spear.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...ers/salamander

Or simpler, Constrict damage = unmodified melee damage (Tail slap)
Daemonfey is offline   #78
Daemonfey

Old December 1st, 2011, 12:31 AM
The Xill Race does not treat its claw as primary weapon when wielding other weapons, although it should via "multiweapon mastery".

Although the text does not give this, this ability obviously should also grant the full strength-bonus to all weapon/claw attacks, as can be seen in it's entry:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...outsiders/xill

Last edited by Daemonfey; December 1st, 2011 at 12:34 AM.
Daemonfey is offline   #79
graywulfe

Old December 3rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
I made a Fighter with the Tactician Archetype, which removes the Fighter's Heavy Armor Proficiency, I then add the Heavy Armor Proficiency feat. It is still calling out the character as not proficient in Heavy Armor when I add Heavy Armor to her.
graywulfe is offline   #80
Closed Thread