Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Triton

Old August 10th, 2021, 01:03 PM
Does Lone Wolf Development have any plans to support the Battle Zoo products being released by Roll for Combat? I believe that the first book, "Battle Zoo Bestiary", is being released August 31.
Triton is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old August 28th, 2021, 02:00 PM
It's not being released August 31st. It's kickstarter begins the 31st. With that said, perhaps we should ask Glicker if there's any chance of having this content available for Herolab.
H2Os is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 28th, 2021, 05:08 PM
LW rarely has time to do work for 3rd party products. They are having enough trouble keeping up with Paizo releases.
With 3rd party releases, you are always best asking the company releasing the product if THEY will produce HL files. Also, given the current situation (no HLO editor), it could only be for HLC, so (since this is PF2) it almost can't happen.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
H2Os

Old August 29th, 2021, 12:35 PM
I asked in the Reddit ama for battle zoo and Glicker said he talked to Lone Wolf but they more than likely wouldn't have time.
H2Os is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 30th, 2021, 01:53 PM
If it was based on PF1 then maybe someone would develop it for Classic HL.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 30th, 2021, 04:46 PM
They're PF2 and D&D5.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MarcelGM

Old August 31st, 2021, 08:28 AM
Been following this a well and asked them if they reached out for HLO support. It seems highly unlikely it will make it into HLO
MarcelGM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old September 10th, 2021, 07:34 AM
I hope Lone Wolf knows that failing to support this is going to be the death knell of my subscription. I've already had to abandon Hero Lab for Starfinder because I still can't make a Spell Sergeant. Pathfinder 2e is hanging on by a thread with hacky workarounds, but an ancestry as complex as the full dragon ancestry... workarounds aren't going to cut it.
WatersLethe is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 10th, 2021, 07:46 AM
This is a good example on why Lone Wolf needs to allow for external content to be provided. They can focus on the system and their partners but allow smaller groups to provide content to fill the gaps. They need to move to a market place concept

I understand they cannot support everything but opening up the platform will allow it to grow. It worked well for HLC...personally this feature is way more important then all the time they spent in the "Campaign" stuff.

Not saying the "Campaign" stuff is bad just not as important as allow outside contributions personally.
marroon69 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old September 14th, 2021, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
This is a good example on why Lone Wolf needs to allow for external content to be provided. They can focus on the system and their partners but allow smaller groups to provide content to fill the gaps. They need to move to a market place concept

I understand they cannot support everything but opening up the platform will allow it to grow. It worked well for HLC...personally this feature is way more important then all the time they spent in the "Campaign" stuff.

Not saying the "Campaign" stuff is bad just not as important as allow outside contributions personally.
Allowing outside folks to add stuff would be nice... but honestly i wouldn't want it in place of any improvement on campaign theater, both for my own sake and for the company. the campaign theater is the only thing that makes this product superior to Pathbuilder.
Thrawn82 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote