Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shareeth

Old August 15th, 2021, 03:07 PM
Would you tell me how to get Destructive Blade to show up under weapons so that its unique damage is shown?

From Doomblade: "Rather than having its power determined by the doomblade’s caster level, the destructive blade always treats the doomblade’s level as its caster level. [p. 159, bottom of the first paragraph]"
Shareeth is offline   #1051 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 15th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareeth View Post
Would you tell me how to get Destructive Blade to show up under weapons so that its unique damage is shown?

From Doomblade: "Rather than having its power determined by the doomblade’s caster level, the destructive blade always treats the doomblade’s level as its caster level. [p. 159, bottom of the first paragraph]"
Destructive Blade is an activated ability, so you have to check "Activated" on the In-Play tab to get it to appear on the weapons tab.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1052 Reply With Quote
asvaldson

Old August 16th, 2021, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Reach Blade is a feat, not a Mystic Combat power.

I am not seeing this; can you post a .por so I can look at your character?

I'll be working on another update this weekend.
I figured out the issue. When I selected Arcane Engineer (Nature) or another race's trait that gives them the Basic Magic Training feat, it overwrites the class' Spell Points with the 1 point the feat gives you. I wasn't looking for that because the Legacy Spheres correctly removes the Basic Magic Training and gives you Extra Magic Talent like it's supposed to.

A workaround I found is to add the Other Adjustment 'Feat/Trait Disable' and disable the Basic Magic Training, and then add Extra Magic Talent and set it as bonus.
asvaldson is offline   #1053 Reply With Quote
Shareeth

Old August 16th, 2021, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Destructive Blade is an activated ability, so you have to check "Activated" on the In-Play tab to get it to appear on the weapons tab.
Thank you very, very much!

Is there a way to get the destructive blade to show damage correctly? I ask since the tooltip (and book) say that the ability is supposed to have its caster level based on class level, and it is not currently doing that.
Shareeth is offline   #1054 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old August 16th, 2021, 02:00 PM
I want to make sure I have things configured correctly. If I own everything, the only update sources I should have (in terms of SoP/SoM) are:
- USoP
- SoM
- Bear
- Wild Magic

Is this correct?
willuwontu is offline   #1055 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old August 16th, 2021, 02:47 PM
Code:
Attempt to access 'focus' pick or thing from script when no focus exists
Location: 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fSoPLitTac' near line 3
Getting that error when selecting an incanter's bonus feat while having Sphere Specialization (Creation).

Code:
Error: Ignore requirements uses "agent" source, but no agent pick is present!
- - -
And get that one when I unfocus the view for the feat's tooltip (Wall Master).

Edit: Also, the Extra Magic Talent feat is not showing up in the list of bonus feats.

Edit2: Adding too many magic talents causes boons and drawbacks to be pushed off the screen and disappear.

Last edited by willuwontu; August 16th, 2021 at 06:55 PM.
willuwontu is offline   #1056 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old August 16th, 2021, 07:01 PM
USoP (I suppose I should label where these errors are from, huh?):

Creation Sphere's Magma Mastery advanced talent is incorrectly looking for Nature Sphere's fire geomancing package, when it was removed as a prereq in USoP.
willuwontu is offline   #1057 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 17th, 2021, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willuwontu View Post
I want to make sure I have things configured correctly. If I own everything, the only update sources I should have (in terms of SoP/SoM) are:
- USoP
- SoM
- Bear
- Wild Magic

Is this correct?
Add Champions of the Spheres to that list if you have it, but otherwise correct as of this writing.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; August 17th, 2021 at 06:08 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1058 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 17th, 2021, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareeth View Post
Thank you very, very much!

Is there a way to get the destructive blade to show damage correctly? I ask since the tooltip (and book) say that the ability is supposed to have its caster level based on class level, and it is not currently doing that.
Can you post your .por file, please? The damage is scaling correctly for me so I'd like to see if there's something else on your character that's interacting with Destructive Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asvaldson View Post
I figured out the issue. When I selected Arcane Engineer (Nature) or another race's trait that gives them the Basic Magic Training feat, it overwrites the class' Spell Points with the 1 point the feat gives you. I wasn't looking for that because the Legacy Spheres correctly removes the Basic Magic Training and gives you Extra Magic Talent like it's supposed to.

A workaround I found is to add the Other Adjustment 'Feat/Trait Disable' and disable the Basic Magic Training, and then add Extra Magic Talent and set it as bonus.

Quote:
Code:
Attempt to access 'focus' pick or thing from script when no focus exists
Location: 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fSoPLitTac' near line 3
Getting that error when selecting an incanter's bonus feat while having Sphere Specialization (Creation).

Code:
- - -
And get that one when I unfocus the view for the feat's tooltip (Wall Master).

Edit: Also, the Extra Magic Talent feat is not showing up in the list of bonus feats.

Edit2: Adding too many magic talents causes boons and drawbacks to be pushed off the screen and disappear.
Quote:
USoP (I suppose I should label where these errors are from, huh?):

Creation Sphere's Magma Mastery advanced talent is incorrectly looking for Nature Sphere's fire geomancing package, when it was removed as a prereq in USoP.
Adding these to the to-do list for USoP 1.4
TheIronGolem is offline   #1059 Reply With Quote
Shareeth

Old August 17th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Can you post your .por file, please? The damage is scaling correctly for me so I'd like to see if there's something else on your character that's interacting with Destructive Blade.
Oddly, today it's working well with the scaling. The other odd things are still odd though. I've made a .por that provides examples.

Quote:
Author's note from the Wiki: While the destructive blade is in most ways a unique (blast shape), once the destructive blade is formed, it is treated as either a light or one-handed weapon (and may be finessed normally or used as a light weapon for two-weapon fighting). You may select Weapon Focus (destructive blade) and other similar feats for the destructive blade.
List of things that aren't working or seem odd to me.
- Weapon Finesse (feat) doesn't work with Destructive Blade.
- Weapon Focus (feat) doesn't have an option for Destructive Blade.
- Imbue Strike (feat) doesn't work with Destructive Blade but does work with physical weapons.
- Arcane Strike (feat) requires Imbue Strike as a prerequisite but is not listed as nor is a prerequisite.
- Arcane Strike (feat) works with Destructive Blast but not Destructive Blade and doesn't work with physical weapons.
- Power Attack (feat) removes the appropriate amount of attack bonus but does not add any damage.
- Deadly Targeting (feat) works on Destructive Blast but not Destructive Blade.
- Greater Blast (magic talent) does not exist in USoP.
- Focused Blast (magic talent) works on Destructive Blast but not Destructive Blade, which while a blast shape via the archetype is not a blast shape talent as excluded in the text.
- Mystic Might (mystic combat) overwrites Alteration: Size Change (sphere talent) rather than overlapping it.
- Quickened Reflexes (mystic combat) overlaps rather than stacks with Dodge (feat). Quickened Reflexes does stack with Alteration: Agile: Dodge (sphere talent; shapeshift)
- Enchanted Touch (mystic combat) works on Destructive Blast but not Destructive Blade
- Light: Encompassing Light (sphere talent) does not work well with Mystic Might (mystic combat) for its +1 bonus, but works properly with Alteration: Size Change (sphere talent).
- Light: Encompassing Light (sphere talent) is not activatable from In-Play tab, but rather has to be added from Adjust tab.
- Mageknight (class) starts with 2 Magic Talents +1 bonus Magic Talent, but when adding Kinetic Scourge (archetype) the bonus magic talent is removed.
- Pilgrim (trait) does not add distance to any teleports.
- Mageknight archetypes cannot stack with any other Mageknight archetype since they all modify at least 1 class feature of any other Mageknight gets as a class feature. The 2 bonus talents are not qualified to be replaced by any archetype. This was cited as how archetypes normally work: https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fn#v5748eaic9thg
Shareeth is offline   #1060 Reply With Quote