Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old February 26th, 2023, 12:02 PM
Yup. There's a plugin called Second Window that works almost exactly like the RW Show to Players feature.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 26th, 2023, 01:39 PM
Well, I entered a bug report. I should be able to at least DM this coming weekend off my laptop as a friend has Foundry and I should be able to get the maps into that so we won't be doing theater of the mind or anything. I have everything in Obsidian now but I HATE it currently. I need to play around with themes or something, and figure out how to enter new information (I downloaded it literally this afternoon). I know a *little* about markdown so once i figure it out I should be good, but this stuff isn't very well organized.
Cid is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 26th, 2023, 01:49 PM
daplunk, what plugins and perhaps themes would you recommend?
Cid is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 26th, 2023, 02:02 PM
What are you struggling with? Let me know areas you are struggling with and it's likely I can throw some suggestions. Obsidian is basically a Fresh Canvas in terms of how it looks and what it can do. So much can be customised.

I have a collection of tutorials HERE designed to step DMs into using the tool.

The plugin list is HERE.

The Theme is use is the ITS Alternative Theme. It's more than just a theme though so I recommend watching the video. There's some additional *.css and plugins that need to be installed to get it working. Once you do though it adds support for things like Image Alignment and Justification, Timelines and Right hand tables (wiki style). It's got theme styles designed specifically for TTRPG use.

The things I do immediately with a new vault are:
- Settings > Editor > Display > Readable Line Length > DISABLE
- Install the ITS Theme
- Install the following plugins:
-- Various Complements (automates linking)
-- Advanced Tables (much easier table support)
-- AideLx's Folder Note + Folder Note Core (create Parent Notes like RW allows, Ctrl Click a note)
-- Templater (better template support.

Then create a folder for:
- z_Attachments > Right click > Set as attachment folder (all images will go in here)
- z_Templates (add notes in here that you want to use as Templates, Alt+T to select a Template from within a note). You can create a template out of any note.
-- Text Format

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 26th, 2023, 05:05 PM
How do you reorder topics, this thing looks nice now (Thank you for the ITS theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoPBDxmt9_k), but its giving me OCD. Some of the topics are jumbled out of order.
Cid is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 26th, 2023, 05:15 PM
What do you mean by Topics? I assume folders.

There is the nested folder structure. That sorts by [0-9A-Z] So I just add 1., 2., 3., into the start of the folder names to control the sort order.

The important thing to understand with Obsidian is it's literally just folders and text files. So if you open the Vault in Windows Explorer then you will find the same folder structure that you see in your vault. This means it also follows the same rules that Windows Explorer follows in terms of naming and sorting.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2023, 05:02 AM
lol, this is what it does when I try linking.

?? Is there a way to make that into three words? World of Faerie.
Cid is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2023, 03:11 PM
I watched your video and it's not acting like that. I do the [[ and it wants to put all that crap in there. How do you get that link into the word itself. Is it the version of Obsidian I have? I notice that you have a toolbar in the upper right; i don't have that. What is that plugin called?
Cid is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2023, 05:40 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out. I was missing the | followed by the name. There HAS to be a better way to do it than that, though.
Cid is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old February 27th, 2023, 06:43 PM
BTW, i just found that it is now doing the SAME FLIPPIN' THING on my DESKtop.

I outputted everything in both formats (Partial and full export) when I got Obsidian. I'd do the same if I were another RW user. Something is UP with this software.
Cid is offline   #20 Reply With Quote