Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000

Notices

goblinshoppe

Old May 18th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I noticed that the v3.43 datafile for WH40K with AB 2.2c has a flaw for creating a Command Squad. Specifically, there is no allowance for having a Veteran Sergeant with the Black Templar Command Squad. As shown on page 22 of the Armageddon Codex, Black Templar armies "with the exception of the Command Squad" don't have Veteran Sergeants. But, a Veteran Sergeant is allowed for a Command Squad. This is very important because unless the Command Squad Sergeant is a Veteran Sergeant it is impossible to give not only the Sergeant but also the rest of the Command Squad Terminator Honours. In addition, unless the Sergeant is a Veteran
Sergeant it is impossible to provide any wargear for the model.

With AB3 the Black Templar Command Squad can take Terminator Honours and have such things as a Master Crafted Weapon and a Power Weapon even though it is not possible to make the Sergeant a Veteran
Sergeant. Unfortunately, in taking the Terminator Honours the Veteran Sergeant is also tagged with the "Furious Charge", "Infiltrate", and "Tank Hunters" veterans skills, which is not a requirement for the Black Templar army list. The veteran skills add points to the army list that are not defined in the codex.

I am hoping that there will be an updated version of the datafile available soon that includes corrected options for the Black Templar Command Squad Veteran Sergeant. At this time it is impossible to build an accurate Black Templar army list with either available version of Army Builder.
goblinshoppe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande
Volunteer Data File Author

Old May 24th, 2005, 02:00 PM
There is now a patch for the AB3 version that fixes this problem.

You can get it in the downloads section at the AB40k3 Maintainers site:
http://ab40k3.homelinux.net

Until we make the full transition to this forum, it would be wise to also post bugs like this into the bug trackers available at that site as well.
HakujinGrande is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Woz

Old May 25th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Will fix this for AB2.2c soon
Woz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
goblinshoppe

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the info on the AB3 patch for Black Templars. I am wondering whether or not there will be a fix for the AB 2.2c release. It would be nice because there will be a large audience of users depending on the version for many months ahead.

By the way, I do have a link to the maintainers website at the Goblin Shoppe website. Also, perhaps it should be mentioned at the maintainers website that downloads work correctly only when using Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which is a serious handicap for those of us that are dedicated to making browsing safe by using Firefox.
goblinshoppe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
harkan

Old May 27th, 2005, 07:20 AM
if you install the add-on for firefox and use the 'open page as IE' when you r-click on the link it will download properly. Also, other people have mentioned that if you save the resulting text that is shown when u click on the link on the links as a .ab file it will import however I haven't tested this so can't gaurantee it
harkan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande

Old May 27th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Yes, saving the resulting file as an .ab file works just fine for me, and I use Firefox.

Space Marine Maintainer for AB3
Battlefleet Gothic Maintainer for AB3
40K: Space Wolves, 13th Company, Grey Knights, Deathwatch
BFG: Space Marine Fleet, Armageddon Fleet, Tau Fleet
HakujinGrande is offline   #6 Reply With Quote