Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:36 AM
DrunkZombie - it's a bug. That lifestyles have ratings is something I missed, and will get rid of.

The fake SIN ratings are handled separately.
Mathias is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
DrunkZombie

Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
DrunkZombie - it's a bug. That lifestyles have ratings is something I missed, and will get rid of.

The fake SIN ratings are handled separately.
I thought of it more as a feature. (No programming joke intended. ) While not a stated rule, it is only logical that a lifestyle needs a sin attached to it. It is a nice feature to be able to pair the lifestyle and sin.
DrunkZombie is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
The lifestyle is attached to the fake SIN by the fact that both are placed on to the same Identity.

If you add a fake SIN, its rating is reported in a couple places on that Identity already, so I don't think it needs to be shown on the lifestyle, too.
Mathias is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
velinion

Old September 7th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
Not sure if this CAN be handled, but essence is increased when you remove cyberware. character can never regain essence due to bioware/cyberware (escept for some fairl rare and radical procedures in Runners Companion? So when yu add or update your 'ware there is an essence "hole" that can be filed with additional 'ware with no essence penalty.
Essence can only be regained with cellular repair (p.88, Augmentation), so it seems to me it would be best to track a "Most essence used" variable, as well as a "current essence used". When adding something that takes essence, add essence cost to "current essence used", then update "most essence used" if necessary. When buying "Cellular repair", decrease "most used" by the appropriate amount, but not below "current essence used". Should not be too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
Also AFAIK by RAW you are also supposed to track essence lose from bioware and cyberware separately. Never had a game come up where a char had both though so it might be a corner case.
Yes, this seems to be tracked separately. Total essence loss is supposed to be the greater of your cyber or bio essence loss + half of the smaller one.

For example, if a character losses 4 essence to cyberware and 3 to bioware, that character still has 0.5 essence remaining: (4+3/2)=5.5

When you include the add-on books, geneware counts as bioware and nanotech counts as cyberware for essence accounting perposes.

HeroLab seems to do this correctly, but it would be nice to see a breakdown on the char sheet too.
velinion is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
DrunkZombie

Old September 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velinion View Post
Essence can only be regained with cellular repair (p.88, Augmentation), so it seems to me it would be best to track a "Most essence used" variable, as well as a "current essence used". When adding something that takes essence, add essence cost to "current essence used", then update "most essence used" if necessary. When buying "Cellular repair", decrease "most used" by the appropriate amount, but not below "current essence used". Should not be too hard.

Yes, this seems to be tracked separately. Total essence loss is supposed to be the greater of your cyber or bio essence loss + half of the smaller one.

For example, if a character losses 4 essence to cyberware and 3 to bioware, that character still has 0.5 essence remaining: (4+3/2)=5.5

When you include the add-on books, geneware counts as bioware and nanotech counts as cyberware for essence accounting perposes.

HeroLab seems to do this correctly, but it would be nice to see a breakdown on the char sheet too.

It does handle it correctly. I have a char with both cyber and bio and the total essense is correct. One thing I don't like is that cyberweapons display under the weapons area, but not under the cyberware. So their essence cost is not displayed anywhere on the sheet. It can be confusing if you are glancing at the sheet as it appears that the essence spent is off, although it isn't.
DrunkZombie is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
MrHappy

Old September 7th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Awesome product, cheers!

Possible bugs: I installed a commlink in my full cyber arm but the details and stats don't show under the 'Matrix' tab, additionally my cyber spur shows its damage as (1/2 Str +4 ) but damage should be (1/2 Str +3).
MrHappy is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Frankie the Formori

Old September 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Again i love the software, quick question?

I have a Cyber arm with Fingertip compartment, and a mono whip. I cannot store the whip the way I could if I had the same PC with the compartment on his flesh arm instead of the Cyber arm. Am I doing something wrong?

Regardless it is a small thing, everything else is rocking. Thanks again for such a solid program....I find it funny i would rather use your software to make a PC and lose out on the other supplements then use other PC builders or pencil and dice.
Frankie the Formori is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
iceshard87

Old September 10th, 2011, 12:27 AM
When purchasing non-standard grade cyberware (Alphaware, Betware, etc.) with a capacity, such as Cybereyes, you cannot add modifications with a non-standard grade. You must add the mods at standard grade, and then go back in to their options to change them to alphaware, etc.
iceshard87 is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old September 10th, 2011, 07:33 AM
When adding the cyber modifications select the mod in the customize dialog, and then click on Customize at the bottom to make it match the grade of the cyberlimb.

Also note that I already put in a FREQ to automatically make any modification going into a cyberlimb default to the grade of the cyberlimb, Mathias thought it was a good idea so we'll probably see that before too long.
nylanfs is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Tzurah

Old September 12th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I think the title says it all. Firewall and System are (to quote another forum) matrix attributes and not programs for the purposes of counting against the number of programs being run. HL is counting them, however, and if you turn them 'off' you lose their matrix attributes they provide from the output.

Just another little thing.
Tzurah is offline   #60 Reply With Quote