Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerrick View Post
New community pack keeps asking if it wants to be installed even after it has been installed.
Ummm... I just double checked all the "version" control spots and its all correctly showing v1.6.

Still investigating...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #911 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:29 PM
I deleted both 1.5 and 1.6 and then redownloaded and reinstalled version 1.6. Everything is now fine.
Dwayne is offline   #912 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Same thing with mine. I checked and it is installed and 1.5 is also installed. I guess we need to delete version 1.5 first?
You shouldn't have to no. I re-created the Pack and it HL seems to like it now and correctly overwrites the 1.5. I am really not sure exactly what the issue was this time.

If you want to be safe delete v1.5 and then do a restart and fresh install of v1.6. The new version I just uploaded appears to be working...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #913 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I deleted both 1.5 and 1.6 and then redownloaded and reinstalled version 1.6. Everything is now fine.
Actually its not. HL sees the "old" 1.6 to have a different Unique ID for the pack than it should. Meaning HL will never tell you to download v1.7 when I put it out.

To be on the safe side delete 1.5 and 1.6 if you have it installed and redownload one more time. Anyone else going forward should not need to do this. Only if you downloaded in like the last hour or so. I put a fixed version out at 4:34 CST.

Sorry!

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 2nd, 2017 at 01:40 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #914 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:59 PM
I am not sure if this is related to the issue you had. I have Hero Lab on both my PC and iPad. I installed the update on both. I started to have that issue. I uninstalled it on the PC and it now looks like it is working.

But on the ipad I tried to delete the update, then reupdate. It still is complaining about there being a New Update. And now when I try to load a profile it gives me this error:
Code:
Exactly one dossier must be designated as the 'default' at any given time
It also starts to complain that I am not activated again. I reactivate it and it just keeps happening.

I tried to delete the update and redo it on the iPad, but it acted the same.

Edit: Additional info: I am unable to even create a new portfolio, same error. When I delete the update it lets me create new portfolios, but when I open an existing portfolio it gives me the errors I would expect (missing the adjustments, etc)

Last edited by NeoEvaX; January 2nd, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
NeoEvaX is offline   #915 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2017, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEvaX View Post
I am not sure if this is related to the issue you had. I have Hero Lab on both my PC and iPad. I installed the update on both. I started to have that issue. I uninstalled it on the PC and it now looks like it is working.

But on the ipad I tried to delete the update, then reupdate. It still is complaining about there being a New Update. And now when I try to load a profile it gives me this error:
Code:
Exactly one dossier must be designated as the 'default' at any given time
It also starts to complain that I am not activated again. I reactivate it and it just keeps happening.

I tried to delete the update and redo it on the iPad, but it acted the same.
This one is my fault for not testing. I "assumed" the iPad ignores any characters sheets because it does not have them. I guess they are not included at all.

I just uploaded a new version and it won't have this issue anymore. Download one more time fresh on the iPad. The reactivate license happens sometimes when it fails to load. It won't hurt anything to reactivate other than its "annoying".

Sorry!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #916 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old January 2nd, 2017, 02:11 PM
That did it! No worries, I am glad I just happened to be preparing for my player's next adventure when I did.

Thanks for the fix!
NeoEvaX is offline   #917 Reply With Quote
gmerrick

Old January 2nd, 2017, 02:50 PM
Having a similar issue on ipad, HL is showing 2 CP 1.6 and giving a ton of duplicate errors. Nuked and reinstalled updated and reactivated and it works.
gmerrick is offline   #918 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 3rd, 2017, 07:00 AM
Thank you for the update! Unfortunately, I'm seeing an error in the Backswing calculations. It's losing 2 pts of damage when activated. Overhand Chop is calculating correctly. Is there something I'm missing? Otherwise, I think it looks really good. I've attacked the test .por file I was using.

My guess is the bonus from Weapon Training (Heavy Blades) is being lost when activating Backswing.
Attached Files
File Type: email Test 2H Fighter.por (47.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Krothos; January 3rd, 2017 at 10:38 AM.
Krothos is offline   #919 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 3rd, 2017, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
My guess is the bonus from Weapon Training (Heavy Blades) is being lost when activating Backswing.
That was a fear of mine that I would some how miss a "bonus" field. I had to rebuild the total Bonus calculation from scratch.

I swore I had all the Bonus fields. Sigh... Will take a look as soon as I can....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #920 Reply With Quote