Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
Amazing! You, sir, are a wizard of the highest caliber! Complete shocked that you were able to not only find time to work on this, but also come up with a plausible solution.
Thanks! I kept doing little tests to try and see what I "could" do and finally found a working method and a script timing that worked.

Quote:
I do agree with you that the extra "3d6+10" are unnecessary, especially since HL has a limited space for attack and damage. Maybe something like this....

Greatsword
Melee: +20/+15/+10/+5 (3d6+7, 3d6+10 [x3])

(I left out the "/" in the damage since that usually signifies the crit multiplier/range.)

But not sure how that would be programmed into the stat block, or that it doesn't make it more confusing for players.
I changed it to use a comma. I was using the / because that matched up to the / that each attack used.

I also added the [x] value which does look good on a statblock:
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Melee +1 flaming greatsword +21/+16/+11/+6 (3d6+8, 3d6+11 [x3]/19-20 plus 1d6 fire) or
. . greatsword +20/+15/+10/+5 (3d6+7, 3d6+10 [x3]/19-20) or
. . longsword +20/+15/+10/+5 (2d6+5/19-20)
Special Attacks greater rage (34 rounds/day)

I attached a sample character I was testing with. I sort of think the comma's make it hard to read with all the other commas. Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TestPathfinderOverhandChop.pdf (197.6 KB, 5 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #901 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old December 30th, 2016, 11:41 AM
I'm actually surprised (and more surprised I didn't noticed this before) that LW didn't format the attack lines in the same format as the Paizo stat blocks.

(Paizo's version)
Melee: +1 flaming greatsword +21/+16/+11/+6 (3d6+8 plus 1d6 fire)

(LW's version)
+1 flaming greatsword
Main hand: +21/+16/+11/+6, 3d6+8 plus 1d6 fire

So, with this in mind, I do agree with you the commas make it harder to read.

One idea I had when there's different damages is to separate out the attack values of each attack:

+1 flaming greatsword
2-Hands: +20, 3d6+7 plus 1d6 fire
(add space to align with above) +15/+10/+5, 3d6+10 plus 1d6 fire

But I don't know if that is programmable, nor would work within the format limits of HL on the computer and iPad.

I'll give this some more thought, though really appreciate the work you've done so far. Even if published like it is, it's a much improvement over how it is right now (enabling and disabling the checkbox with each attack so it calculates correctly).

Overhand Chop - leave checkbox enabled
Backswing - leave checkbox disabled on 1st attack, enable on subsequent attacks

P.S. Glad you liked my "[x3]" idea.
Krothos is offline   #902 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old December 31st, 2016, 12:39 PM
Quote:
I'm actually surprised (and more surprised I didn't noticed this before) that LW didn't format the attack lines in the same format as the Paizo stat blocks.

(Paizo's version)
Melee: +1 flaming greatsword +21/+16/+11/+6 (3d6+8 plus 1d6 fire)

(LW's version)
+1 flaming greatsword
Main hand: +21/+16/+11/+6, 3d6+8 plus 1d6 fire
For the character sheet yes they are different. For a statblock they match to Paizo. This is mostly because Paizo is using the statblock part of HL to do adventures but not the character sheet.

Quote:
So, with this in mind, I do agree with you the commas make it harder to read.
I went back to the "/" with some spaces. I think that looks the best overall.

--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Melee +1 flaming greatsword +21/+16/+11/+6 (3d6+8 / 3d6+11 [x3]/19-20 plus 1d6 fire) or
. . greatsword +20/+15/+10/+5 (3d6+7 / 3d6+10 [x3]/19-20) or
. . longsword +20/+15/+10/+5 (2d6+5/19-20)
Special Attacks greater rage (34 rounds/day)

Quote:
One idea I had when there's different damages is to separate out the attack values of each attack:

+1 flaming greatsword
2-Hands: +20, 3d6+7 plus 1d6 fire
(add space to align with above) +15/+10/+5, 3d6+10 plus 1d6 fire
Yeah no. Pretty much I get one long "string" of data and HL figures out font size and alignment all on its own.

Quote:
But I don't know if that is programmable, nor would work within the format limits of HL on the computer and iPad.
Speaking of the iPad. I ended up with a drop down option on the Adjustment to pick Desktop/iPad. For the iPad the damage is displayed as:
Code:
3d6+7 plus 3 backswing
After playing around this works on the iPad in a nice way I "hope" because a person can roll the dice and will know if not the first swing to remove the +3 backswing bonus. Shrug best I can do because the iPad can only roll "one" set of damage dice.

Quote:
P.S. Glad you liked my "[x3]" idea.

If you want to play around with this on the desktop before release you can do these steps:
1) Start HL and go to the Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder. Copy the folder path that opens up.
2) Follow THIS link and when its opened on the browser click as "File->Save Page As". Save the file into the file path from step 1.
3) Restart HL. You will have the new version of the adjustment to try out.
Note: This works only in Windows/Mac version of HL.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #903 Reply With Quote
Shrooom

Old January 1st, 2017, 10:07 AM
Keep in mind I'm only trying the Demo, I wanted to see if this would make managing my Dread easier before I buy in.

I've tried installing the community pack to get the Dread class, but I do not see anything pop up in 'Class' after following the instructional pdf and creating a new character. I tried selecting most of the supplement options when creating a new character.

Is this because I am running this in demo mode or do I also need some other pack to access those kinds of classes? Thank you.
Shrooom is offline   #904 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 1st, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrooom View Post
Keep in mind I'm only trying the Demo, I wanted to see if this would make managing my Dread easier before I buy in.

I've tried installing the community pack to get the Dread class, but I do not see anything pop up in 'Class' after following the instructional pdf and creating a new character. I tried selecting most of the supplement options when creating a new character.

Is this because I am running this in demo mode or do I also need some other pack to access those kinds of classes? Thank you.
The Dread is from Ultimate Psionics and is under "Dreamscarred Press" place a check mark next to "DSP - Ultimate Psionics".
UPConfigure.jpg

Once you do that you will be able to find the class on the "Classes" tab.

To be 100% honest I don't know if the addon works in Demo mode. I know you don't need any license past the CORE Pathfinder one to run this addon. Some features won't turn on if you don't have it. In example no Mythic Adventure licenses then the Mythic parts and monsters are not going to display.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 2nd, 2017 at 09:54 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #905 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If you want to play around with this on the desktop before release you can do these steps:
1) Start HL and go to the Tools->Explore Folders->Program Data Folder. Copy the folder path that opens up.
2) Follow THIS link and when its opened on the browser click as "File->Save Page As". Save the file into the file path from step 1.
3) Restart HL. You will have the new version of the adjustment to try out.
Note: This works only in Windows/Mac version of HL.
So... I followed your instructions but it appears my Internet Explorer is not playing well with the download file. I can save as HTML and TXT, neither seem to work in HL.

I was able to look through the code and see what you did with it. While I can't program this stuff myself, I can follow it fairly well. This appears to the be the best option so far. Did you test this code with a 2-Handed Fighter 15 with Power Attack and Furious Focus, making sure the math is correct?

Appreciate all your hard work!
Krothos is offline   #906 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:32 AM
Quote:
So... I followed your instructions but it appears my Internet Explorer is not playing well with the download file. I can save as HTML and TXT, neither seem to work in HL.
Save it initially as a text file. Then you will need to rename it to .user extension. That or maybe don't use a browser called Internet Exploder.

I am most likely releasing a version really soon before I go back to work. So you can play with it then if you don't want to fight with downloading/installing one file.

Quote:
I was able to look through the code and see what you did with it. While I can't program this stuff myself, I can follow it fairly well. This appears to the be the best option so far. Did you test this code with a 2-Handed Fighter 15 with Power Attack and Furious Focus, making sure the math is correct
I did. Plus enlarge person and rage and stuff. So the main stuff is working but so many combinations of attacks can't do everything.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #907 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 2nd, 2017, 11:20 AM
The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.6 is out!

v1.6 January 2, 2017

Bug Fixes
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #15. Aberrant archetype for Aegis class was not activating customization's when "Transformed". Customization and base Aegis DR will now get activated correctly when the "Transformed" option is checked on the In-Play tab.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #20. Commander Archetype for Tactician class has been fixed. This includes adding missing class features, removing class abilities and adding the feat "Forced Participant" for free.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #22. Elan Favored Class Options where not setup correctly and not displaying as choices. Found this for several races and fixed them all. More of the Favored Class Options that where in the files will now display and be usable. Note: That this does not mean ALL races as of yet have Favored Class Options.
  • Path of War Expanded (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #76. The Stalker archetype "Vigilante" was not changing class specials over to use Int instead of Wis.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #77. Fighters' Blade feat was not giving up to 4 levels to the Blade Skill pre-req check when it should have been.
  • RGG's Krazy Gragnar's Black Market Magic Items (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #79. Items will no longer throw errors. Fixed the Slave Collar to not throw errors and be fully functional. Added a note to the items with no scripts that they have not been fully implemented yet.
New Features
  • Path of War (ShadowChemosh) - Created two new "Dossiers" (ie Character Sheets) that will appear when you print your character from inside of HL. These only display for characters that can initiate maneuvers. The first sheet "(Community) Path of War Maneuvers - Summary" Prints a summary of each maneuver or stance your character has. The second sheet "(Community) Path of War Maneuvers - Description" Prints the full text in a two column layout of each maneuver and stance your character has.
  • RGG Talented Monk (ShadowChemosh) - Added more of the class. Still more to do. Sorry not yet complete. =(
  • Path of War Adjustment (ShadowChemosh) - Added new "Initiator Class Attribute" adjustment that allows for switching which attribute is used by a Path of War Class to initiate maneuvers.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added new adjustment "Two-Weapon Fighting Penalties" allows for lowering the standard TWF penalties of -2 down to -1 or 0.
  • Eberron (ShadowChemosh) - Add book/page number to classes and PrCs from Eberron Campaign Setting.
  • Races of Eberron (ShadowChemosh) - Added new archetype "Changeling Wizard".
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments Conferred (ShadowChemosh) - Redo of the "Overhand/Backswing" adjustment. The dropdown has a dropdown to set the display values to Desktop or iPad. The In-Play tab now has separate activation for Overhand Chop and Backswing.
Data File Authoring
  • Path of War (ShadowChemosh) - Path of War maneuvers now get the ClsCountAs.? tag from the configurable allowing scripts to know which Class is associated with each Maneuver or Stance. Misc adjustments to PoW Components to allow for dossier/sheet logic.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Added new tag logic of Helper.SklBonFt to the "Negotiator" feat so that new feats from Path of the Righteous work correctly.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Added new tags and updated the PUPreReqs procedure to add the four extra levels only for blade skills.

An example of the new character sheet for Path of War characters is attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Stalker_Example_Sheet.pdf (8.6 KB, 5 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #908 Reply With Quote
gmerrick

Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:06 PM
New community pack keeps asking if it wants to be installed even after it has been installed.
gmerrick is offline   #909 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old January 2nd, 2017, 01:24 PM
Same thing with mine. I checked and it is installed and 1.5 is also installed. I guess we need to delete version 1.5 first?
Dwayne is offline   #910 Reply With Quote