Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Exmortis

Old January 16th, 2015, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It is very useful for your players to peruse when they are not at the gaming table, i.e. between gaming sessions.

I suspect it is much more likely than just "Unless there is a chance".
It is even extremely useful at the gaming session, if they sync after every game session, then they have a complete historical reference of all info given in game, handouts, etc. For me, that alone is worth the price of admission, everything else is just gravy.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old January 16th, 2015, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Unless there is a chance your players might review, peruse, or utilize your realm away from your table...
This would be 100% of my players' uses, TYVM.

Just as RW has many ways to do things, people have many ways use RW. DLG, please don't paint us all with the same brush. Thanks
weogarth is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old January 16th, 2015, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post

Just as RW has many ways to do things, people have many ways use RW. DLG, please don't paint us all with the same brush. Thanks
I do not think he was trying to portray every user of RW the same, nor every play group as the same. He was merely trying to answer the OPs question based on the information given, which in this case points to an unlikelihood of the OPs players using RW in this manner.

Thus making the RWPE less of a benefit to that particular group in that particular situation.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old January 16th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
I do not think he was trying to portray every user of RW the same, nor every play group as the same. He was merely trying to answer the OPs question based on the information given, which in this case points to an unlikelihood of the OPs players using RW in this manner.

Thus making the RWPE less of a benefit to that particular group in that particular situation.
Yup....just reread. I've gotten better about 'don't post before coffee' but...yeah.

Sorry DLG!

I did, at least, put a smiley on it.....
weogarth is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 16th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post

No paint applied Weogarth....

Exmortis is correct.. was framing rebuttal based on the OP...

The thread question is " Is the players editions worth it without cloud service?"

While I don't disagree with the multi-use you imply (there are many ways to do anything, RW included) without the ability to sync as the OP asks, the players edition is currently less than useful IF (as I noted above) IF your players have no intent on needing info away from your gaming group.

So to re-phrase...
IF you opt for No Cloud service and
IF your players don't look at game info away from table
and
IF they have no need for correlating their notes on the game session with the DMs.....

Then the reasons for making a RWPE purchase are .... shall we say.... "Limited"?

Dark Lord Galen is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old January 16th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Sorry to beat this horse, but DLG, shouldn't your re-phrase stop at the first line?

If you opt for no cloud-service, the other two "ifs" don't matter. No cloud service = RWPE is of no use to you. Period.
MaxSupernova is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old January 16th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
If you opt for no cloud-service, the other two "ifs" don't matter. No cloud service = RWPE is of no use to you. Period.
That's how I understand it.
Fuzzy is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 16th, 2015, 04:28 PM
Three pages to say "no".

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/f...-of-the-cloud/

Sharing Content with Players – A critical benefit of the cloud is the ability to share your world with your players outside of the game. Imagine being able to give all your players access to just the information they’ve uncovered through the course of play, including map fragments, hints, clues, details, etc. They can independently lookup information, review what they’ve learned, and even make their own notes with ease. Best of all, there’s no extra work involved on your part. [Available Now!]

Handouts are History – Once your players have access to everything online, you don’t need to create handouts, which gives you more time to focus on other aspects of your game. [Available Now!]
AEIOU is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 18th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
Sorry to beat this horse, but DLG, shouldn't your re-phrase stop at the first line?

LOL ,,,, yea.... True point Max....

I guess I have acclimated to my hairlings always asking "I know you said no, but, WHY"??

@ AEIOU, yea, 3 pages, that is a SMH moment...

DIE horse DIE... hehe
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 18th, 2015, 05:19 PM
FWIW, "No" was said in the first, third, and fourth responses. It didn't take three pages, the thread just branched off to talk about related topics.

Last edited by Parody; January 18th, 2015 at 05:26 PM.
Parody is offline   #30 Reply With Quote