Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Dungeonscout

Old March 1st, 2020, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Yes, concurrent devices on an account are tied to one account, with one username and one password only. Concurrent devices are primarily intended for 2 use cases:

1) Families (spouses/parents/children) who share accounts for convenience, parental supervision, etc.
2) Individual power users who want to dual (or triple) wield multiple devices (e.g. phone + laptop) simultaneously without being inconvenienced by being periodically logged off of any of them.

In both of these cases, sharing credentials is either a non-issue, or even preferred (e.g. parent and child). Concurrent devices are explicitly NOT intended for use among friends, especially since it would not be good practice to share any sort of credentials with them.
Is this still in the works? There are five in my family, and we are currently playing Pathfinder 2e. I have an HLO subscription, but we surely cannot pay for everyone in the family to have a subscription and repurchase all the relevant books. Is there any way for this to work for us to be able to use the campaign portion of the program?
Dungeonscout is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Lonewolf147

Old April 24th, 2020, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeonscout View Post
Is this still in the works? There are five in my family, and we are currently playing Pathfinder 2e. I have an HLO subscription, but we surely cannot pay for everyone in the family to have a subscription and repurchase all the relevant books. Is there any way for this to work for us to be able to use the campaign portion of the program?
I too would like to know the status of this feature.

Thanks!

Source URL for my personal Dataset, and updated Rappan Athuk and Frog God Games Pathfinder datasets which removes duplication errors: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksqvq0e7yd...dates.xml?dl=1 Be sure to remove both official datasets before running these.
Lonewolf147 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 24th, 2020, 08:10 PM
A few things took longer than planned, and a few other things got bumped up in priority when it became clear they were needed urgently. So the next phase of more license options isn't in place yet. To be transparent, there are still a few major things that need to be completed first, before we get to the new licensing options.

The next phase is not going to be a panacea for everyone, as it certainly won't cover the myriad situations that users want us to accommodate. However, it should definitely provide increased flexibility beyond the current model and address some of those situations.
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 24th, 2020, 08:29 PM
Rob, sorry for the thread necro hijack but I know you're not watching other threads right now... Any more word on SWADE coming to HLC?

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; April 25th, 2020 at 10:10 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 25th, 2020, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Rob, sorry for the thread necro but I know you're not watching other threads right now... Any more word on SWADE coming to HLC?
In this case it is called "thread hijacking", not "thread necro" :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 25th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
In this case it is called "thread hijacking", not "thread necro" :-)
Right! Thread necro would be reviving a "dead" thread, I guess. I'm not very fluent with the forum lingo . Previous post edited…
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #26 Reply With Quote