<fieldval field="vhCost" value="$600K+"/>
    <usesource source="Travel"/>
    <tag group="VehEra" tag="Civilian"/>
    <tag group="VehType" tag="Aircraft"/>
    <tag group="Vehicle" tag="Spacecraft"/>
    <tag group="Vehicle" tag="Atmosphere"/>
    <tag group="thing" tag="holder_top"/>
    </thing>
So the separators show up in the selection menu for vehicles, but the vehicles are not showing up listed under the appropriate separators. Unfortunately in the core files there are no good examples of Vehicle separators but I think I have everything correct.

Also, the separators are not centered in the Vehicles list like those in the Gear list, FYI.

So any ideas where I went wrong?
Gumbytie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 18th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I know I have lots of vehicles in some of the other data files. Look at Weird War II and I think Tour of Darkness, Hell on Earth and Deadlands Noir should have examples of vehicle separators and usage. At first glance what you have looks about right but to really compare I'd need to grab my other computer and kick up Hero Lab which I probably won't be able to do until tomorrow. If you need it sooner maybe grab one of the above Savage Settings and see if that helps.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 18th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Oh, wait a sec. If you look at the second post on the Common Codes thread vehicles have a bit of an odd sort based not just on vehicle type but era as well, so you may need to set that on your separators to get them to line up right.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old June 18th, 2014, 04:28 PM
You are correct sir. I looked over you Deadlands Noir and back to the Common Codes. So I needed to add (in my case):

Code:
  <thing
	id="vhTRSepAir"
	name="– Aircraft –"
	compset="Vehicle"
	isshowonly="yes"
	description="">
    <usesource source="Travel"/>
    <tag group="VehEra" tag="Civilian"/>
    <tag group="VehEra" tag="Military"/>
    <tag group="VehType" tag="Aircraft"/>
    </thing>
So unlike Gear, for Vehicles to sort, you need to add the VehEra tags in as well. Good to know
Gumbytie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 18th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Oh good. Glad that's all it was. I like easy fixes.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old June 18th, 2014, 04:45 PM
I should mention is the other option, if you are making your own Vehicles list, if you do NOT include any "VehEra" tags on your vehicles, then you do not need to add them to your separators.

They don't display anywhere on the List or print out, so not really necessary perhaps?
Gumbytie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 18th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I suppose that's probably true. I'm not sure if it defaults to one of the existing eras and you're just seeing a sort based on that or if it sorts it at the beginning or end of the era sorting. I'd probably have to experiment to find out but without eras you do end up with only 3 categories so that would be something else to consider.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote