Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Umarian

Old July 28th, 2013, 05:18 AM
The problem is that some of the smaller 3PP companies can't afford someone to do their HL conversion, or don't know where to find someone to do it. The ones that are done by the community are usually just things that someone wants to use in their game so they do it themselves, or it is a product that they want to do because they like the product.

I don't really fault the companies that do not have the HL files. Of course if you like a companies products, and would like to see it converted to HL,you could do it yourself and share with the community.
Umarian is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old July 28th, 2013, 06:07 AM
I don't fault the 3pp's for Not having HL files at all. I just know that I'm more drawn to the products that do. Yes, I could tackle a project like that, but life is life...and doesn't really afford me that kind of time, aside from the occasional feat or archetype.

Of course...that's going to be happening very soon. I've come across a number of things at the moment I need to program up, just waiting for the time to do so.
Brolthemighty is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 28th, 2013, 08:00 AM
FYI - We have the Modern Path and other modern HL files in the auto updates. It's a lot of work, but we give out the dataset's free. Mostly because I enjoyed making the files and sharing them. But it is a lot of work and always needs updating. It's not really something many 3pp companies can "just do" unless they hire someone, (which is very expensive) or DIY in your spare time, (if they have any). That is why the Community Datasets are very important. With everyone adding what they can do, it will grow do a very good database of 3pp datasets.
Frodie is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Brolthemighty

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I don't know why there seems to be a need to justify a lack of HL files for 3pp products. I'm not bashing anything of the sort. It was/is simply my goal to compile a list of the ones that ARE out there. I understand the reasons why they don't all have files. I'm not sure why this keeps getting mentioned, as I haven't even said anything of the sort. This is simply an effort to compile a list of the products out there that DO have files with them.
Brolthemighty is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Frodie

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:59 AM
My bad, yea, I think it's just one of those issue's that is brought up a lot. I think we all want more HL support out there.

BTW - I think you do a search on RPGNow for "Hero Lab" and it will bring up a list of pdf with HL support.
Frodie is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old July 28th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
OK, looking at mine, I will put down as follows:

Rite Publishing
101 Pirate Traits
101 Alternate Traits for Human, Half-Orc, Halfling, Half-Elf, Gnome, Elf, Dwarf
101 0th, 1st ... 9th level spells

Clockwork Gnome
Cloven Hoof Syndicate

Total Party Kill Games
Malefactor

Open Design
Secrets of the Alchemist
Spell-Less Ranger
Witch's Brew

John Brazer
Book of Magic Pirate Spells
Seedling
Shadowfall Player's Guide
Signature Spells 1 and 2

Super Genius Games has a few, but there are some Community Made data sets that have a whole lot more, and I cannot remember which ones came with what. I admit that part of me is kind of irritated by this, as there are a TON of good ideas in SSG products, but Hero Lab support is mostly provided by fellow fans. Even smaller, less known companies (shown above) give provide Hero Lab support. Hero Lab user files are not all that hard, they are just time consuming.
With regard to SGG files I think there are only a few out with files. Dragonrider and witch hexes and maybe one or two others. Through the community files there are a couple of dozen. With regard to the community ones, some are more "done" than others, simply because at least one of the fans producing some of them is a terrible scripter.

Lest anyone get the wrong idea the terrible scripter referenced is me. I do what I can, but when it comes to writing much beyond the basic per-req stuff I'm afraid a lot of it just goes over my head.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM
I'm glad that several companies are offering their support already, but the more the merrier, as they say.
Aaron is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Stereofm

Old August 17th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Adventure a week modules seem to include them too.
Stereofm is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
licktoren

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Where can one find these to purchase? i've only seen the PDFs when i search. mostly im lookig for Witches brew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolthemighty View Post
I figured this was the best sub-forum, but I had the idea to compile the various 3pp Pathfinder products that included Powered by HeroLab files.

Clockwork Gnome
Cloven Hoof Syndicate

John Brazer
Book of Magic Pirate Spells
Seedling
Shadowfall Player's Guide
Signature Spells 1 and 2

Kobold Press
Advanced Feats - Might of the Magus

Open Design
Secrets of the Alchemist
Spell-Less Ranger
Witch's Brew

Rites Publishing
Secrets of the Magus
101 Pirate Traits
101 Alternate Traits for Human, Half-Orc, Halfling, Half-Elf, Gnome, Elf, Dwarf
101 0th, 1st ... 9th level spells

Total Party Kill Games
Malefactor

I'll try to keep this post updated.
licktoren is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old February 26th, 2015, 01:38 PM
It looks from the description on the Paizo product page that when you buy the PDF the Hero Lab data file is included in the download. I don't think there's a way to just buy the data file.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #20 Reply With Quote