Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

McTaff

Old June 25th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Ok, got that (Success!)

I should be able to add "Feather Fall" using the same theory, so I will have an attempt to do so later. I assume the priority would have to be different, and have to duplicate the same script?
McTaff is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 26th, 2012, 08:06 AM
If you're going to add the Feather Fall spell as a bootstrap, yes it would be the same priority and expression for the bootstrap condition.
Aaron is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 26th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Try feather fall without the bootstrap condition first. Spells that are added to magic items through the "Castable Spells" button should handle the details of hiding themselves while their item is not equipped without the user having to add any special mechanisms.
Mathias is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old June 27th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Mathias, it looks like I might have to if it were anything else, but Feather Fall was neater the way you said.

FYI The rules for "adding powers to an item" - specifically rings in this case - gives no limitations on what can be added, nor how many different powers can be added.
So given that over the course of a campaign, the player may elect to add the following things to a bonded ring:
Feather Fall (in case he slips when peeking in a tower window at the Queen doing something naughty)
Forcefangs (to absorb those pesky magic missiles)
Regeneration (in case he gets his hand cut off for catching the evil half-orc barbarian in a fireball during combat)
Force Shield (ping!)

and Wizardry, Spell Storing, Counterspelling... and so on ad nauseum.

With Forcefangs, the immediate reaction I had was to simply add the spell "magic missile", tracked to max 9, with limit 5 per round - and rely on the player to increment the ring as required (mostly because we stick with PnP and we can easily do that).
But seeing as I've already used the Tracked Resources for Forcefangs - and then I added Feather Fall as a separate spell. I am assuming that it will indeed treat them separately, and not somehow attach the Feather Fall as that tracked resource?

Adding the others is applying a condition except for the Ring Of Counterspelling (and also Ring Of Spell Storing) which, to be frank, is easier to just have someone pencil that it on the PnP sheet anyway. (If anyone else is reading this and perhaps they could benefit from some sort of explanation of that quirky set of fields, I would encourage them to ask the gurus here.)

Obviously, if there was, say, someone who had "Forcefangs" and wanted to add "Ring Of The Ram"... then that might make things trickier.
I'm just going to avoid doing that.

Thanks for the help guys. I at least have a faint wispy idea of how it all interacts at the moment. (I'll necro this thread if I need help further on down the line?)

Last edited by McTaff; June 27th, 2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Editeted for clararity
McTaff is offline   #24 Reply With Quote