Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Corwyn

Old June 4th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Hi,
Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section... but in the New Path Compendium, there is a class called - SpellLess Ranger. Welp, it won't allow any other archtypes to be put on, saying that it needs to be linked to something (I would assume the Ranger class should be in the make up of a Spell-Less somewhere). I'd even go in and add it, but I can't find it anywhere, I assume that's because it was bought as a package?
Thanks,
Corwyn
Corwyn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 5th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I would report that bug to Kobold Press or maybe even LW. The class is setup correctly to allow Ranger archetypes. It should be working.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old June 6th, 2016, 08:26 AM
I just looked at it as I am currently building a Spell Less Ranger. It shows that the Ranger Archetypes are allowed because on the Class page in the editor, it shows uses Archetypes for X and has Ranger class allowed. And when you go to anyone of the Archetypes it shows that the class to modify is the core class of Ranger.

So it appears to me, that the linkage between the Class field Uses Archetypes for X and the Archetype isn't properly registering in the code somewhere, because the error is Linked Class Required.

Just a guess based on looking at the configurations. I'd report it as a bug as Shadow suggested.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Doskious

Old January 21st, 2017, 08:25 AM
Sorry to reply to a thread so long dormant, but I've just run into this issue as well in trying to create a variant Bard class.

I've done extensive testing with a variety of configurations for several different class alternates (Bard, Barbarian, Rogue, Fighter, Cleric, Sorcerer), and I haven't found a way to make the Archetypes from class X apply their modifications to class Y, where class Y has "Use Archetypes for X" selected as class X. Every configuration results in the same "Linked Class required" error when I actually select the Archetype.

The only examples I've been able to find of actual Alternate Classes that are able to use their source class's Archetypes are the Unchained classes from the Pathfinder Unchained module from Lone Wolf. If there is a known way to correct this, or some other source of working Alternate Class Archetype application, I'd really like to know about it...

Note, based on the posts in this thread, I did contact Lone Wolf with a bug report. Their response was to refer me to the forums for community help...
Doskious is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 21st, 2017, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doskious View Post
Note, based on the posts in this thread, I did contact Lone Wolf with a bug report. Their response was to refer me to the forums for community help...
Did you report it to Kobold Press?

Nothing anyone here on the forums can do to help with files that are distributed by LW.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 21st, 2017, 10:20 AM
I dug in to try and find the issue. I can duplicate this with other custom classes but I am unable to find the reason or fix.

If LW wants to give me access to the source code I would be happy to find the issue. But I simply can't see a reason what is different from the Unchained Monk to the Spell-less ranger class without being able to dig into the component scripts.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
qstor

Old January 26th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Was this ever fixed?
qstor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 28th, 2019, 05:47 AM
If you find any missing data or errors in Kobold Press data packages, you should write to them at koboldpress@gmail.com and let them know. Thanks!
Rone is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
carlb

Old June 1st, 2019, 12:06 PM
I thought I was running into this, then discovered that for the Spell-less Ranger, there is a separate list of archetypes that is below the list of Ranger archetypes. "Shadow Stalker" was the archetype I was looking for, and it appears in both the Ranger and Spell-less Ranger lists. I had so many Ranger archetypes listed that I didn't even see the Spell-less ones (I had to scroll down). Once I selected the Spell-less Ranger version of the archetype, it worked.

I guess there is still a bug that the Ranger archetypes are showing up.

Last edited by carlb; June 1st, 2019 at 12:09 PM.
carlb is offline   #9 Reply With Quote