Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ri_gamer

Old October 13th, 2017, 10:15 AM
I saw this in a thread from 2015, but saw no resolution. In player mode, I'm seeing dates on the timeline for revealed topics, but where the timeline snippit is not revealed. For example I have an NPC, 'John Smith', who's been revealed, but he has a timeline snippit '6/1/2016 - Killed Wife' that is not revealed. But in the timeline view I see 'John Smith (Killed Wife) 6/1/2016' Is there a way to prevent this, short of deleting the snippit?
ri_gamer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BlMage

Old October 17th, 2017, 09:17 PM
I'm still a really new user, but I believe the question is no, you have to delete it.

I did some research about a month back and I found a thread on those dates showing up even if they weren't filled in and the advice given was to remove the snippit.

What I have done is gone in and removed the born/dead/married dates from the form when I create an NPC and just go in and add them when I need them.
BlMage is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ri_gamer

Old October 18th, 2017, 05:22 AM
That is what I was afraid of. I built a lot of my backstory using date snippets to allow me and the players to see the world history. It is unfortunate that now that they are using the player edition that all this work was for naught
ri_gamer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 18th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Raise a bug. It should have a high priority because it shows unrevealed information rendering the whole reveal mechanic obsolete for this particular use.

Though Imho I found the date entry too cumbersome to maintain. Maybe the date fields will get a revamp once calendars arrive

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ri_gamer

Old October 18th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Yep, bug submitted. Agreed that the date entry process could be MUCH easier, all the more reason I'm disappointed that I'll have to delete the snippets before revealing the topics
ri_gamer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote