Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

qstor

Old April 24th, 2017, 03:55 PM
I have a 6th level ranger with the beastmaster archetype and the boon companion feat. I set my animal companions HD to 6 and I'm getting an error message. Any ideas why this is happening?

thanks
qstor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 24th, 2017, 04:40 PM
What error message are you getting? I doubt anyone can help without knowing what HeroLab thinks is incorrect.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2017, 07:32 AM
You can right-click on error messages in Hero Lab, and copy them, then paste them here, so you don't have to remember the wording.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
qstor

Old May 7th, 2017, 05:38 AM
It's saying that the companion has too many hit dice so it seems Hero Lab isn't adjusting my effective druid level.
qstor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
qstor

Old May 11th, 2017, 06:15 PM
It's not taking into account boon companion: My PC is a 6th level beast master ranger with boon companion.

"The abilities of your animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were 4 levels higher, to a maximum effective druid level equal to your character level" It should have 6 HD but the additional HD is in RED. It wouldn't allow me to add 3 extra HD. It "caps" at 3 HD.
qstor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 11th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Red usually means that is a validation message.
If you think the application is working properly (not crashing, for example), but the results are wrong, that's something to report using the Support Request (Bug reports) system HERE
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mad Hamish

Old May 13th, 2017, 03:01 AM
I've just tried this and it looks like the beastmaster isn't affected by the Boon Companion feat.
Raise it as a bug.
Mad Hamish is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old May 14th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qstor View Post
I have a 6th level ranger with the beastmaster archetype and the boon companion feat. I set my animal companions HD to 6 and I'm getting an error message. Any ideas why this is happening?

thanks
You're not supposed to be setting your companion's HD. You're supposed to let herolab make the adjustment. I'd suggest deleting the animal companion and recreating it.

Once you put in the feat remember to select your animal companion in the feats selector box. Also remember that Boon Companion raised YOUR effective Druid level not your companion's level so in the case of me applying of applying this feat to an 8th level Ranger the animal's hit dice went up by 2. Which is the correct result. For a sixth level ranger, the companion should go from 3 to 5 hit dice.

Just checked I was wrong... the increase was from 3 to 6 hit dice.

Last edited by LazarX; May 14th, 2017 at 12:06 PM.
LazarX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote