Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 28th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Three quick notes to hopefully answer the questions above:

1. Hero Lab portfolios will be included within all scenes, as well as separately for NPCs that show up in multiple places.

2. The Hero Lab portfolios will serve as statblocks for viewing within Realm Works, and we'll be making it more obvious that they serve that purpose when Hero Lab is installed.

3. There will be no requirement to own Hero Lab, but there will be an obvious benefit for doing so.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 28th, 2016, 03:47 PM
You need to hire a new Liz real soon, Rob. You are spending way more time on the forums than is healthy for our release timelines.

And thank you so much for the various responses recently. Especially the quick notes confirming new features in the next big release. These really help us manage our own expectations and help us see the progress.
AEIOU is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 28th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Rob, great news! This greatly increased the value of the material to me.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2016, 03:35 AM
One follow-up clarification. You WILL need all the appropriate data packages to utilize the Hero Lab portfolios within Hero Lab. We will also be making available special data packages that specifically include all the material from an assortment of modules so you don't have to buy a long list of stuff if you don't want to. These will work similarly to the existing data packages for Rise of the Runelords, Giantslayer, etc. However, viewing the statblocks will not require you to even have Hero Lab installed.
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old May 2nd, 2016, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
The only issue with HL snippets is that to open them in HL you probably need to own the prereq content -- i.e., Ultimate whatever, Advanced whatever, Bestiary number whatever. There will undoubtedly be threads started about a bait-and-switch from people that assume they have full access to this content from RW in HL.

Or I could be completely wrong and the RW content will open just fine in HL as long as you open from RW. That would be spiffy but completely unexpected.
If you load a HL portfolio and do not have the preq data sets, that data is dropped. You will get an error message when you load the portfolio, and it will tell you what is missing. I find this to happen most often at my table when someone creates a user data set for an item or what not and forgets to share it with the rest of the group.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote