Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Allot of people have asked for Gestalt rules from the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana for Pathfinder. For a long time the only way was to make a new archetype that combined your two classes together. This was time consuming and difficult to do. I have a new addon that is designed to make things allot easier.

Download
If you have the community servers setup already then simply go to Updates in Hero Lab and download "Pathfinder Gestalt (v1.0)". If you don't have the community servers setup then go to THIS post and follow the one time setup instruction.

Instructions
To use the Gestalt Addon properly requires some special rules to follow in Hero Lab.
  • Each time you level, you must add 1 level of Gestalt before adding your desired classes.
  • After adding 1 level of Gestalt, 1 level of class A, and 1 level of class B, immediately switch to the Gestalt tab and select your two classes in the picker. This will calculate BAB, Saves, HP, Feats, and Skill Points based upon your selections.
  • Once you select a class on either the left or right side, you must always select that class on the same side. So if at level 1 you chose Fighter/Rogue then at level 2 chosen Wizard/Rogue, you must choose Rogue on the same side at level 1 and level 2 otherwise it won't calculate correctly.
Bug Reporting & Support
NOTE: Valdacil is now maintaining this addon.

Feel free to post to this thread with questions, comments, or bug reports.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 23rd, 2017 at 08:08 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Version
V1.1 August 5, 2017
- This update fixes the HP calculation issue that was reported shortly after v1.0 was published. With the new update, Gestalt will now check if you are using the Max HP or Avg HP at new levels options. If so, then it will calculate the appropriate HP based on the selected classes and set the HP field. If not using either option, then it doesn't set the field, allowing you to set it yourself. I changed it set the Gestalt class HDSides only for the latest level, so if you multiclass you'll know what your maximum HP are for the last level.
- I've also made a change to fix the display issue that was reported where the HP in the statblock would show all hit dice from all classes.

V1.0 July 23, 2017
-Major re-write by Valdacil.

V0.6 July 27, 2014
-Fixed incorrect skill points when a Int score higher than 12.
-Added two new adjustments. These adjustments will make it easy to adjust the Base Attack Bonus and Base Save Value by showing you the adjusted value on the adjustments: "Gestalt, BAB"; "Gestalt, Saves". This will allow gamers to easily adjust their BAB and Save values based on their home games Multiclassing rules.

V0.5 July 6, 2014
-Initial release to the community. Just out of beta testing....

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 5th, 2017 at 09:55 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Known Issues
  • Favored Class Bonuses: Gestalt's Favored Class Bonuses will only be based upon the first two classes chosen. If you later choose a third (or forth, etc) class bonuses for your race from those classes will not be present in the Gestalt Favored Class Bonus chooser. Personally, I recommend NOT using the Gestalt Favored Class Bonus chooser and actually selecting one of your chosen classes as your favored class.
  • Some favored class bonuses don't work properly when selected as Gestalt favored class bonuses. These are typically ones that have configuration options like Human Sorcerer. Again, select the actual class for your favored class instead of Gestalt for these to work properly.
  • Combinations that have the same feature do not stack properly. One example of this is Sneak Attack. Hero Lab calculates your sneak attack bonus by counting how many instances of the Sneak Attack pick are present on the hero. If you choose two classes that get this feature, Gestalt should give the better progression but Hero Lab is stacking them together resulting in significantly inflated values. Use adjustments to bring these handful of improperly stacking features back to appropriate values.
  • Selecting 'Non-Player Character' on the Configure Your Hero screen causes some things not to calculate properly (most notably HP). If you want a Gestalt NPC, choose 'Hero' regardless if the character is a NPC.
  • The Gestalt HDSides which displays next to the HP value on the Classes tab will only display for the last level of selected classes. This allows users not using Max HP or Avg HP options to know the maximum for the latest selected classes. If using Max HP or Avg HP options, the previous levels will still have the correct HP, but the HDSides will only show for the latest selected classes.
  • If using the optional Attribute Bonus rules, the first 2 ability bonuses received at level 4 will display as Level 4 and Level 8. This is a display only issue and is hard coded by Hero Lab. At level 8 you will still receive 2 more ability bonuses (which will display as Level 12 and Level 16). This is a display only issue, but functions properly.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; August 5th, 2017 at 09:54 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Optional Rules

These rules are used by my gaming group and can be toggled on/off from the Configure Hero screen:
  • HD Bonus Option: If enabled, grants bonus HP at each level if both classes have d8 or higher HD sides. Calculation is higher of the two chosen classes plus bonus based on HD sides of the second class as follows: d8 = +1, d10 = +2, d12 = +3…
  • Saving Throw Bonus Option: If enabled, grants a +1 misc bonus to any save that has a 'Good' rate for both chosen classes. This bonus is only granted for the last chosen class combination. So if you chose Monk(U)/Rogue(U) you would receive a +1 misc bonus to Reflex since both of those classes have 'Good' reflex. However, if you next chosen Monk(U)/Fighter, you would lose the +1 misc bonus to Reflex and instead gain a +1 misc bonus to Fortitude (since Fighter is 'Poor' Reflex, but both Monk(U) and Fighter share 'Good' Fortitude).
  • Skill Points Bonus Option: If enabled, calculates skill points each level as higher of the two chosen classes plus a bonus of half the second chosen class. Example: Rogue(U) = 8; Monk(U) = 4 therefore total skill points that level would be 10 + INT (8 + .5*4 = 10).
  • Skills Bonus Option: If enabled, grants a +1 untyped bonus to any skill that is a class skill from two sources (two chosen classes, feats, traits, etc). This is cumulative. If chosen class A and chosen class B both have Perception as a class skill, then Perception would get a +1 untyped bonus. This would also work if chosen class A had Perception as a class skill and you chose a trait that gave Perception as a class skill.
  • Attribute Bonus Option: If enabled, grants +1 to two attributes (instead of one attribute) at 4, 8, 16, and 20. At level 12 grants +1 to all attributes (instead of +1 to one attribute). When granted two bonuses at 4, Hero Lab will show one of them as being for level 8. This is a display only issue and you will still receive two more attribute selections at 8. For this rule you are not supposed to select the same attribute for any given level (should be two different attributes), but Hero Lab does not enforce this rule.
  • Starting Wealth Calculation: If enabled, calculates starting cash for first level as higher of the two chosen classes plus half of the second chosen class. Example: Fighter = 5d6, Rogue(U) = 4d6 therefore Starting Cash = 7d6 x 100. This assumes that all classes use Xd6 x 100.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 23rd, 2017 at 08:05 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:28 PM
One more is always good to keep things together.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Saving just one more....

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the Gestalt Package! I'll try it out in a bit.
Dianae is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianae View Post
Thanks for the Gestalt Package! I'll try it out in a bit.
Yea let me know if you find anything strange. No way I can test every possible scenario of characters. So I am sure something will come up but it seems to be working pretty well for me.

One suggestion I have if you plan to do higher level characters is to level one level at a time. So add the gestalt and the two other classes. Switch to the Gestalt tab and select your two classes. THEN add another gestalt class. That was how I was testing and that seemed to work.

I am also happy to say I have no "foreach" loops so it should be a VERY low CPU usage addon.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dianae

Old July 6th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Found my first possible issue, I think.
1st level, Fighter/Monk
2nd level, Monk/Ninja

Looking at my saves, they are at +3 fort, +3 Will and +5 reflex, when it should be +4. the +2 from Monk 1, and +2 from Ninja 1. BAB is +1 which should be +2 if you are going by when the class gets a +1, but correct if you were using the .5/.75/1 variant for 1/2 3/4 and full BAB calculations.

Only just started poking around, though.
Dianae is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 6th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianae View Post
Found my first possible issue, I think.
1st level, Fighter/Monk
2nd level, Monk/Ninja

Looking at my saves, they are at +3 fort, +3 Will and +5 reflex, when it should be +4. the +2 from Monk 1, and +2 from Ninja 1. BAB is +1 which should be +2 if you are going by when the class gets a +1, but correct if you were using the .5/.75/1 variant for 1/2 3/4 and full BAB calculations.

Only just started poking around, though.
3,3,5 looks right to me as you are a level 2 monk giving 3 in all saves and then 2 more in ref from ninja giving 5.

BAB does appear to be off as it should be getting one from two levels of monk and one from fighter. Guess I was more concerned with getting saves to work that I didn't watch the BAB calculations.

Until I can get the BAB fixed you could use my adjustment addon to change your BAB using "Attack, Base Attack Bonus". I am going to be really busy at work this week so it could be a week or two to get any fixes.

Hero Lab Resources:

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; July 6th, 2014 at 07:04 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote