Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Provos

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Has anyone done a 3.5 Dark Sun data set?
Provos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Not that I am aware of.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:00 PM
That is a shame. I am not even sure how to go about doing that because of amount of changes.
Provos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Not being familiar with 3.5 Dark Sun that much, I don't know how extensive those changes might be. You could use the editor to replace things and whatnot yourself. Feel free to search these forums and post your questions. I'll help answer what I can.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old June 18th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Dark Sun takes place on Athas. A planet in ruins from a war of great wizards. The environment has become very dessert like because the magic drew the life force out of the planet. It is kind of an apocalyptic situation only the strong are left.

The allowed races are different. Stat changes, new races, almost everything has psionic powers. Metal is very rare so most weapons are wood and stone. Being as the weapons are "softer" there is a greater risk for them breaking on a critical failure. The money is based on cp = clay pieces = ~ 1gp. The best armor available is bronze half-plate. There is not steel armor, iron armor does exist but it cost x5 phb price and weighs +50% over listed weight.

Just a brief summary
Provos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old August 19th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Would people prefer the athas.org Dark Sun campaign setting for 3.5 or the Dragon Magazine/Dungeon Magazine version. The Athas.org is more complete but it is user created not "official" like the magazine version would be. Is there a way I could to do both I wonder? Kind of like "Here is the setting choose Athas.org or Dragon Mag version" check boxes.

I have no problem keying in the info for this setting. I made need help with a few things so look for my questions.

Repeating this post in User Projects

Last edited by Provos; August 20th, 2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Update info
Provos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
Athas.org rules! Haven't seen the dragon mag version!
Do have all the 2nd edition products though!

Love this setting!
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old August 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM
This setting is the best! I also have the Athasian Emporium 3.5 conversion with all the fun weapons and armor to choose from.
Provos is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 7th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Athas.org is the official version for 3.5 and is recognized as such by wotc. Wotc dropped the ball on releasing the product line for it in 3.5 but the fans kept it alive. I have most of the 2nd ed material as well. You can use the Athas.org material with the current campaign setting books in a 3.5 or pathfinder game. I am working on a data set for pathfinder based on this with the Athas.org data. I will probably add a few raze feats, but I did keep the 4th edition version of Arcane Defilement... ie the re-roll option. My players like having a re-roll option and I see no reason to change it. The only thing I found Athas.org lacking in is the Psionics department, namely Wild Talents. I had to find a copy of the Will and the Way from 2nd edition. Player Characters may manifest up to 3 psionic abilities as wild talents in Athas and do not have to go by the rolling chart method in the Complete Psionics Handbook. Kind of important but Athas.org did not do very well with the psionics, still the rest of the content works really well.
RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 8th, 2011, 05:09 AM
I had planed on using the Athas.org rules. I was checking to see if there was a "community" preferance. I havn't really thought about the Wild Talents. I assume that the srd psi and xph will contain enough options. I do not normally use any psionics in my games. This setting is the exception.

I have uploaded my race file to the User Projects section.
Provos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote