Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

TheMaskedFerret

Old May 15th, 2021, 03:07 AM
So much stuff coming out from Paizo for Starfinder! What are you most interested in for 2021?

I am most excited about Tech Revolution, more Tech stuff! And the Galaxy Exploration Manual comes out the first week of June. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by TheMaskedFerret; June 17th, 2021 at 06:33 PM.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old May 16th, 2021, 06:57 AM
Starfinder #30 Puppets Without Strings, released July 2020

It has the Spell Sergeant archetype which is one of the only ways Starfinder offers gish-style gameplay. I've been playing a character with that archetype since ~October 2020, and trying to manually account for its features since then. Would be great if this software could handle it.
WatersLethe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tohmaturge

Old May 17th, 2021, 05:23 AM
I'm personally still catching up all the AP (since they contain items, locations, spells, etc). Reading Dawn of Flame at the moment.

I would say that both Tech Revolution and Galactic Magic are what I'm mostly looking forward to. Anything that adds depth to the setting. My favorite books are the Pact Worlds & Near Space. Kinda wish they would elaborate more on the worlds already listed. The Tabori Cluster, the Great Shadar, The Gideron Autority, etc.
Tohmaturge is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 26th, 2021, 05:51 PM
That makes sense, @Tohmaturge. @WatersLethe, I get it. The lack of updates means I can't spend money on HLO.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tohmaturge

Old May 27th, 2021, 05:31 AM
True dat. I'm personally limiting my own chronicle to the material that is supported by HLO since I'm using the software as my single source of truth.

Hear that LWD ? I got money to spend on ya !
Tohmaturge is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old May 30th, 2021, 08:26 AM
I think we can add the Alien Character Deck to this list.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jrcchicago

Old May 30th, 2021, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatersLethe View Post
Starfinder #30 Puppets Without Strings, released July 2020

It has the Spell Sergeant archetype which is one of the only ways Starfinder offers gish-style gameplay. I've been playing a character with that archetype since ~October 2020, and trying to manually account for its features since then. Would be great if this software could handle it.
Similar issue - I'm holding off on making an Esper-themed Mystic until the Psychic Magic material in Starfinder AP #23 (Hive of Minds, from the Attack of the Swarm AP) is added to HLO. If there were an option to include custom theme names, theme abilities, and custom spell names, just for tracking purposes, it would be easier to go build the character without having every source published included.

Last edited by jrcchicago; May 30th, 2021 at 09:13 PM.
jrcchicago is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
WatersLethe

Old May 31st, 2021, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcchicago View Post
Similar issue - I'm holding off on making an Esper-themed Mystic until the Psychic Magic material in Starfinder AP #23 (Hive of Minds, from the Attack of the Swarm AP) is added to HLO. If there were an option to include custom theme names, theme abilities, and custom spell names, just for tracking purposes, it would be easier to go build the character without having every source published included.
Yeah, it's honestly nearly a dealbreaker on this software. I'm actively looking for an alternative, and if I find one I'll abandon the hundreds of dollars I've already spent.

What's the point of having an expensive character gen software if I'm constantly referring to a google docs character sheet with my actual character details?
WatersLethe is offline   #8 Reply With Quote