Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Dark_Soul

Old February 2nd, 2017, 06:08 PM
Going back to the Ur-Priest, I'm not sure how to enter their caster level adjustment, as there's not an option on the Adjustments tab to increase caster level.

For reference, Ur-Priest caster level is their class level plus half their levels in other non-cleric spellcasting classes.
Dark_Soul is offline   #671 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 3rd, 2017, 04:27 PM
Another minor problem that I found. The use of Katana and Bastard Sword on some mechanics (I saw it on the Iaijutsu Master) isn't coherent. They should be treated as equivalent, but instead some places recognize only one as the valid option.
Monteparnas is offline   #672 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 6th, 2017, 12:16 PM
We really can't do much with Favored Enemy as it's buried too deeply in the code for us to manipulate. It would be too clunky to make a separate Human race for each as, according to the Rokugan Campaign Setting book, each clan also has three or four families that each have a favored class and class skill so I would have to make 30 new human races.

Akutsukai and akutenshi don't work properly as written as the only similar thing is the ghost template and that doesn't work either. If you can get it to work, let us know.

As for variant classes, just select it from optional rules when customizing which books you are using. Making a variant is cleaner than making an entirely new class.

Last edited by Illyahr; February 6th, 2017 at 02:51 PM.
Illyahr is offline   #673 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 7th, 2017, 12:38 PM
For the Human from Rokugan, I just noticed the option of selecting the clan as a Trait, with works well with the option of multi-race Rokugan (that I'll use as an alternate reality in my current campaign). Sometimes the mechanics found in the source would benefit from a guide.

But maybe a single Variant Human could be made that lets you select Favored Class and Racial Class Skill. That would take care of the niceties of Rokugan.

New little problems: couldn't find the Uncanny Trickster PrC, nor Font of Inspiration, Item Familiar and Faerie Misteries Initiate feats.

Slots for custom Flaws, Traits and Skill Tricks would also be nice additions.
Monteparnas is offline   #674 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 7th, 2017, 02:16 PM
As an exercise, I'm trying to make the Font of Inspiration, but I couldn't manage the script. I took the Psionic Talent Feat as basis, but didn't found the equivalent to .field[tPPTotal]. for the Factotum's Inspiration Points.

Can someone help me here?
Monteparnas is offline   #675 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 8th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
As an exercise, I'm trying to make the Font of Inspiration, but I couldn't manage the script. I took the Psionic Talent Feat as basis, but didn't found the equivalent to .field[tPPTotal]. for the Factotum's Inspiration Points.

Can someone help me here?
I'd be happy to help, but I need more information. Where is it from and what are you trying to accomplish?
Sendric is offline   #676 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old February 8th, 2017, 06:06 AM
It is from Dungeonscape, as the Factotum Class is. Font of Inspiration does the same as Psionic Talent, but with the Factotum's Inspiration Points (+1 IP, +1 for each previous instance of the Feat).

For now, I tried to copy Psionic Talent and do some changes to the Eval Script, and got this:

Quote:
~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ Add 1 + (number of factotum inspiration tags on the hero) to our inspiration points.
hero.child[cFactotum].field[tPPTotal].value += 1 + hero.tagcount[User.FFF001]

~ Add the "FacIns" tag to the hero so we know how many times we've
~ run this feat script so far, which we use to control how much we add
~ to our inspiration points every time.
var result as number
result = hero.assign[User.FFF001]
I created the tag "factotum inspiration", code FFF001 and abr. "FacIns". The "cFactotum" I got from the class itself by "Search Thing", but I couldn't find the tag for the actual Inspiration Points (neither the tag used for PPs), so those are still the original ones.

A very minor issue: the Factotum is lacking 6 Class Skills: Iaijutsu Focus, Speak Language, Use Psionic Device, Autohypnosis, Martial Lore and Psicraft.

Last edited by Monteparnas; February 8th, 2017 at 06:10 AM.
Monteparnas is offline   #677 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monteparnas View Post
It is from Dungeonscape, as the Factotum Class is. Font of Inspiration does the same as Psionic Talent, but with the Factotum's Inspiration Points (+1 IP, +1 for each previous instance of the Feat).

For now, I tried to copy Psionic Talent and do some changes to the Eval Script, and got this:

I created the tag "factotum inspiration", code FFF001 and abr. "FacIns". The "cFactotum" I got from the class itself by "Search Thing", but I couldn't find the tag for the actual Inspiration Points (neither the tag used for PPs), so those are still the original ones.
Ok, well I couldn't find it in Dungeonscape, but I did find it online so no worries.

If you want to change the Factotum's Inspiration count, you have to affect the attached special. When you add a level of Factotum to your portfolio, can you find the Inspiration special? Right-click and select "Show Debug Fields". That should help you get started.

Also, the following code is archaic:

Code:
var result as number
result = hero.assign[User.FFF001]
and can be replaced with:

Code:
perform hero.assign[User.FFF001]
Quote:
A very minor issue: the Factotum is lacking 6 Class Skills: Iaijutsu Focus, Speak Language, Use Psionic Device, Autohypnosis, Martial Lore and Psicraft.
Ok, thanks. I'll look into it.
Sendric is offline   #678 Reply With Quote
Nokowi

Old February 9th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I'm new to the editor and I am trying to follow these examples:

file:///C:/ProgramData/Hero%20Lab/data/d20/authoring/d20editwhere.htm

The attack examples won't work properly with the given timing.

The first example (below) will add to base attack and grapple, but not your actual melee and ranged attack info.
The second example (below) will do nothing with the given timing.

Moving both of these to Post-Level, Priority = 2 allowed them to work correctly for me, but I am not sure if this timing is the correct value to not cause any other issues. Any feedback on the proper timing would be appreciated!

Timing

For modifications to have any effect on other fields (e.g., changes to the base attack bonus affecting the melee and ranged attack bonuses), any priority before the "PostAttr" phase should be used. The final values are available in the "UserPostAt" or later phases.

Examples

<eval value="1" phase="UserPreAt" priority="10000"><![CDATA[

~ Add 1 to base attack bonus, which trickles down to the other attack bonus fields
hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkBase].value = hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkBase].value + 1

~ Add a +5 competence bonus to our attack bonus
hero.child[Attack].field[BonComp].value = maximum(hero.child[Attack].field[BonComp].value, 5)
Nokowi is offline   #679 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 10th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokowi View Post
The attack examples won't work properly with the given timing.

The first example (below) will add to base attack and grapple, but not your actual melee and ranged attack info.
The second example (below) will do nothing with the given timing.

Moving both of these to Post-Level, Priority = 2 allowed them to work correctly for me, but I am not sure if this timing is the correct value to not cause any other issues. Any feedback on the proper timing would be appreciated!
First, this information is provided by the core data set, so if there's an issue, feel free to report it against core in this thread:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54293

As for timing, it seems fine. I can't say it definitely won't cause issues elsewhere, but if it does, it's likely to be a very specific case.
Sendric is offline   #680 Reply With Quote