Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

intellectawe

Old June 16th, 2006, 07:56 AM
For troupes, when I upgrade plasma pistols, instead of costing 5 points, each upgrade costs 25. How can I get this to be only 5 points per upgrade?
intellectawe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 17th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'll pass this onto the eldar maintainer. Also, this forum is for issues relating to the application, there are seperate forums for the particular datafiles if you scroll down, thanks
harkan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
intellectawe

Old June 18th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Well, I am asking how to change this. I am very new to army builder and it is confusing to me. I wasn't asking for it to be fixed, I was asking how do I change this in army creator. I am trying to learn how to use army builder/creator, not asking for someone to fix the data file.
intellectawe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Russell
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 18th, 2006, 02:52 PM
The first answer we usually give to any question about AB Creator is: have a good read through the manual. It's not a throw away line - there's very good reason for it. Army Builder data files such as the 40k ones are among the most complicated of the data files and a good understanding of the manual is crucial.

Now, with that out of the way, for your specific problem you need to start by finding the option that upgrades plasma pistols. You can do that by looking at the options that are active (using the debugging menu items within Army Builder) before and after you select the plasma pistol option. From there you should be able to trace all of the other options and items that are involved (if there are any) and check the costs of each.

By the looks of the data files, the cost is calculated as 5 points per model and since there are 5 models in a troupe by default, selecting the plasma pistol option does indeed cost 25 points. If you increase the number of Troupe members to 10, you'll notice that the cost of the plasma pistols option is now 50 points when you select it. Not sure if this is the way it is supposed to work (I would expect so, given upgrades are usually per model in 40k), but there may actually be nothing for you to fix :-)

Enjoy,
Russell.
Russell is offline   #4 Reply With Quote