Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

jfrazierjr

Old May 2nd, 2017, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
It used to work, and has worked for at least a year. It does not even show up in the list for updates at all.

My download link is: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ozcaq531yno4khn/updates.xml

The updates.xml says:
Code:
<document signature="Lone Wolf Updates" version="1">
<update name="Civilized Savagery" date="2017/1/11:2153" size="530" description="Civilized Savage Bundle for Hero Lab." uniqueid="0" filetype="3" download="https://dl.dropbox.com
/s/rmzx80p5s4yrfli/Civilized_Savagery.hl?dl=0" website="https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmzx80p5s4yrfli/Civilized_Savagery.hl" companyurl="http://www.dropbox.com/" priority="99" major="1" minor="75" patch="" folder="savage" special="CivSav" dynamic=""/>
</document>
Those links work fine in a browser, but are no longer working within Hero Lab. Hmmm, can you try the source link and see if you can see it? There is a possibility that it is a problem with MY installation of Hero Lab.

Hey, I have this and was atttempting to utilize the XP table changes. I created a new character and added 21XP. I then attempted to add an attribute, no problem. I then add a second attribute and "properly" get a validation message saying I used to many attribute updates per rank(which is absolutely correct, yah!)

The issue I see is that on both the Basics panel, as well as the PDF print preview, it shows "Seasoned" which is not correct. Any idea how to easily fix this? I am mostly ok with it being wrong on the Herolab interface, but since I will be creating PDF files for printout for my players, it would be nice to get this corrected if possible. I am MORE than willing to make changes if someone could point me in the right direction(and hopefully it can be done and is not hardcoded somewhere).

On a side note, there are a bunch of other settings I was wondering about. Specifically, the various Display Modifier: * and Display Wild Dice. I don't really see anything change anywhere when I select those values, so what am I missing?
jfrazierjr is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old May 2nd, 2017, 07:04 PM
Hmmm, we always use the "Free Attributes" so it must be something from that part. I had originally had most of the optional rules be default (as in, if the file was in the folder, they are turned on). I bet this was somewhere that I forgot to turn it off.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old May 2nd, 2017, 07:04 PM
The Display things are for Derived Traits, and mostly so that they will show up on the printout sheet. They were my way of making a Derived Trait be able to be print/no print.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 2nd, 2017, 07:21 PM
Quote:
The Display things are for Derived Traits, and mostly so that they will show up on the printout sheet. They were my way of making a Derived Trait be able to be print/no print.
Ok, so if I understand your correctly, those are traits which are referenced by things i DON'T have loaded?
jfrazierjr is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 2nd, 2017, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Hmmm, we always use the "Free Attributes" so it must be something from that part. I had originally had most of the optional rules be default (as in, if the file was in the folder, they are turned on). I bet this was somewhere that I forgot to turn it off.
So, just to be clear(in case it matters), the only thing i have checked is XP per rank = 25 under the Civilized Savagery section. Are you thinking there might be another thing checked in the dialog as the panel/portal code is cross checking that?

Oh, and I just remember I also tested the Maximum Skill die by Rank and either I don't understand it or it's not working. I had a base character(Novice with no advances yet) I loaded up who started with d8 in fighting. I removed a few other skills and then was able to legally bump my fighting up to d12 with no validation errors at all.

Again, thanks for any input.
jfrazierjr is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:58 PM
Hmm, that must have gotten killed in a Hero Lab update. It used to work, but I had not looked at that, or the XP mod, in a couple of years.

As for the XP table, the error, is linked to your lack of the Free Attribute option. Good to know that they are not working. Both of my groups us the Free Attribute per rank option so we had not noticed that it does not work when it is not checked.

SeeleyOne is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Hmm, that must have gotten killed in a Hero Lab update. It used to work, but I had not looked at that, or the XP mod, in a couple of years.

As for the XP table, the error, is linked to your lack of the Free Attribute option. Good to know that they are not working. Both of my groups us the Free Attribute per rank option so we had not noticed that it does not work when it is not checked.
Ok.. any idea what I might try locally to test for a fix? The latter(die limit by Rank) is not critical as I can enforce that manually to my players in the short term), but the XP per rank thing is a bit of an issue on the character sheet(and I just realized as well for accidently picking edges with rank limits), though if worst comes to worst, I can deal with it for a few weeks(we only play around once a month and this Sat is a first session and will be all character creation.)

In my case, my players will start out with an extra edge and attribute point across the board and since we are converting from an existing campaign, I have them planned to start with 25 XP(so just hit Seasoned and 5 advances).
jfrazierjr is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:21 PM
It is probably the mechanic "XP and Strict Rank" in the Civilized_Savagery.user file. But otherwise it is in the "Free Attributes Per Rank" mechanic in the same file.

SeeleyOne is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:49 PM
Quote:
It is probably the mechanic "XP and Strict Rank" in the Civilized_Savagery.user file. But otherwise it is in the "Free Attributes Per Rank" mechanic in the same file.
NM.. I think I am just an idiot. Because of the downloader and me getting new core files, I had disabled your .user file but LEFT in the .1st, so the check box was there but no code was being executed around it.

At at this point, I need to go through your existing code and try to pull out the relevent bits while removing the extra checks I don't need. For example, Advanced.advAttriN is one such error when I add JUST the mec25XP thing to my existing user file.

Also Race.racandroid and Edge.edgCIPact ... I just need time to read the code, change, and test...

That brings up a point though, is there a way to check if a tag exists in memory without getting an error if it does NOT exist?
jfrazierjr is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old May 4th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Not that I am aware of. There are times that I would have used it if there was.

SeeleyOne is offline   #40 Reply With Quote