Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Oldmicah

Old October 20th, 2023, 05:52 PM
Is it possible to put barding on non animal companion animals? I bought a guard dog and want to put barding on it to help its survivability and haven't been able to figure out how.

many thanks,
Steven
Oldmicah is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 20th, 2023, 10:05 PM
Offhand, I don't recall for sure (barding has some setup nuance). I assume you checked the armor table to try adding it there?
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Oldmicah

Old October 21st, 2023, 02:27 AM
The Armor configure pane doesn't have anything other than the standard "Equip', 'Show on Play Panel' and 'Show Relic'.

I noticed this morning that the guard dog (and war horse) don't seem to have any stat blocks, so even if I could equip the barding it wouldn't have any effect. (please tell me if I'm missing the stats)

Plus side: I pasted the stat blocks into the 'User notes' with the AC adjusted for barding. This way I have access to it during play. I was also able to use the barding 'dot dot dot' menu to have the barding 'move to' the dog 'container' so it doesn't count against my encumbrance. (even then equipping it gives my character the warning that I can't have more than one suit of armor at a time)

Thanks again for your eyes on this!
Oldmicah is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 21st, 2023, 02:41 PM
Sounds like you're just buying the "gear" items, rather than the versions that include minions, or that you haven't enabled the minion. If you purchased the "Dog, guard (minion)", be sure it's enabled via the ellipsis menu or on the Play tab. Then when you navigate to that character, you can go to the Armor table and add barding.
Daniel V is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Oldmicah

Old October 23rd, 2023, 06:06 AM
That Solved it! Thank you so much!
Oldmicah is offline   #5 Reply With Quote