Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

wheelercub

Old September 13th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Well there's the other problem. I don't know how to share my personal files for these things. I'm so new to the process, that I'm having a hard time finding help files or any help. I also am still waiting to hear from anyone on how to create the multi-select for the Mystic Fighting styles, because everything I've tried isn't working. I've gotten as far as getting the option to show up upon selecting the Mystic Knife, but no fighting styles appear when I click it.
wheelercub is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 13th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Google Drive. Check it out.

Install it, save a copy of the file you are making with the Hero Labs Editor into your Google Drive. Wait for the little tick to appear on the file. Right click > Share > Use the option for a shareable link. Give us the link.
daplunk is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Palorin

Old September 14th, 2016, 01:54 PM
So, I have been looking over the pdf and find it absolutely amazing. As new as I am to Hero Lab, I might take a crack at the file input as well.
Palorin is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
wheelercub

Old September 20th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Sorry it took me so long, but I finally finished adding the Mystic to my Hero Lab. I'm not sure if there is something extra I need to do to make it easier for others to access it, but here's my User file for you guys to play around with. GeorgeMagic.user

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...2RMemQ3OWphb2M

A few quick of notes.

First, I set CHA as the primary ability score for Psionics because I'm from the old school 80's film world where Psionics is a force of your presence and persuasiveness; not how smart you are (i.e. Scanners, Carrie, Dead Zone, Firestarter, Star Wars, etc.). It shouldn't matter with saving throws as they all attack different part of a character's psyche. That said, it should be easy to change if you prefer switching it back to INT, and technically depending on your playstyle and background, you should be able to choose CHA, INT, or WIS as the primary attack modifier.

Order of the Knife Combat Style - I'm still completely at a loss on how to create this in Hero Lab. I tried to bootstrap Two-Weapon Fighting into the Knife, so I can use it with my own character. But unfortunately it's not affecting the Offhand damage bonus. This may be a bug or I just may have done it wrong. In either case, I'd love it if someone could share the correct scripting code to allow a player to choose and have it work properly.

Finally spells. You'll need to use Power Points in the Hero Options area to see the correct psionic resource points. It's automatic and matches exactly with Spell Points, so that's great. Then you'll see a number of Talents (cantrips) and Disciplines (spells) to choose from in the Mystic Spells tab. I've entered and formatted all the spells that came with the Psionic handbook.

They all had to be treated as level 1 spells because the of the Psychic Focus costs nothing, and most have 1 psi point option. The number of Talents & Disciplines allowable per level should be correct within HL, and you'll just have to remember that you can't choose a Greater Discipline until level 5+. The rest is all about the text.

Finally, I tweaked Psionic Restoration to heal 1d6 per point spent instead of 3 health points. I wanted some variation and chance for our characters and when we tried 1d4, the average healed wound up being too low (obviously). 1d6 allows for 3 to be the average healed with a chance of getting higher or lower rolls.

Oh, and while you're rummaging around in there. Feel free to check out the magic items, feats, and other things I added while learning to use HL. =)
wheelercub is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 22nd, 2016, 11:04 AM
wheelercub:

Thanks for this. I appreciate the hard work you put into this. Am I correct that you this contains only the mystic class and not the Lurk Archetype and Psychic Warrior Archetype? I didn't see them but wasn't positive that it was because I failed to check something to enable them. This is not a complaint if they aren't included...just trying to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Hansmo is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
yrtalien

Old September 22nd, 2016, 10:49 PM
Wheelercub or anybody really,

Can someone guide me through adding the linked stuff to my hero lab so that I can use it... not very good at this stuff.

Thanks
yrtalien is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 23rd, 2016, 09:43 AM
Put the file in the folder with the *.user files for the appropriate game system. In my case it is...

C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e\
Hansmo is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 23rd, 2016, 01:45 PM
Doing a quick and dirty conversion of Arcane Trickster to a Lurk. One thing that isn't jumping out at me is how to change the spell selection list. Can anyone point me to the proper place to change this?
Hansmo is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old September 23rd, 2016, 01:51 PM
What class does the Lurk use? Not familiar with it.

Usually it is defined by sClass.cHelpWiz fro the wizard. I was just helping out Eldamir with a similar issue over in:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56594

In that case, he needed to change the base spell list to sorcerer so: perform focus.assign[sClass.cHelpSor] did it for him as a Spellthief.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!

Last edited by Mergon; September 23rd, 2016 at 01:58 PM.
Mergon is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old September 23rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
The Lurk is the Psionic Archetype for the Rogue from the Homebrew Psionic Handbook. It can make psionic devotion selections from the Awakened and Knife disciplines. This is to supplement wheelercub's work on the Mystic above.
Hansmo is offline   #40 Reply With Quote