Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Mergon

Old July 12th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Personally, I am glad for something else that uses Intelligence. It is one of the most useless stats currently in the game (except for the wizard of course). There are 4 classes that use wisdom (cleric, druid, ranger, and monk). For intelligence you only have the wizard, Fighter (Eldritch Knight) and the rouge (Arcane trickster).

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 12th, 2016, 12:21 PM
5th edition barbarian stuffs wizard into a locker, walks off. "Who uses INT these days? NEEERRDD!"
Aaron is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old July 12th, 2016, 12:23 PM
See what I mean.

Anyways, 2 of my group, plus myself, play Mystics, and multi-class mystics. Only myself and 1 other play wizards. The rest play melee classes only. No one wants to play a cleric.

Mergon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old July 12th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Hmmm...eldritch knight / mystic...
tooley1chris is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 12th, 2016, 03:29 PM
I think i read somewhere that the new book coming out in November might have Psionics. I have no idea if there's any truth to that though.
daplunk is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old July 12th, 2016, 08:15 PM
daplunk:

Here is hoping the rumor mill speaks true.

Mergon is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old August 7th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
I've created the Mystic v2 for personal use; however its full of kludges and errors. I have started cleaning it up for the Community pack, but keep getting distracted by RL issues. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooley1chris View Post
Would you be willing to share this, for my own personal use? Maybe I can help track down some of those errors.
Have either of you made progress on stabilizing the v2 Mystic? I have likewise desire to mess with this and I am extremely slowly trying to learn my way around the scripting/editor but I am vastly out of my depth. I'd appreciate if you'd be willing to share your efforts with me. Please and thank you!
Hansmo is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old August 7th, 2016, 04:32 PM
And since we are discussing psionics, to my personal HL I added Gem dragons (the neutral psionic dragons) to the Dragonborn race.

Code:
thing id="rcDbrnAmet" name="Amethyst" description="{b}Damage Type:{/b} Force\n{b}Beath Weapon:{/b} 5 by 30 ft. line (Dex. save)" compset="RaceCustom">
    <tag group="AllowRCust" tag="rDragonbor" name="Dragonborn" abbrev="Dragonborn"/>
    <tag group="DamageType" tag="dtForce" name="Force" abbrev="Force"/>
    <tag group="DescInfo" tag="raDraBrWea" name="Breath Weapon" abbrev="Breath Weapon"/>
    <bootstrap thing="raDraBrWea">
      <assignval field="abText" value="5 by 30 ft. line, Dex save"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="raDraResis"></bootstrap>
    <eval phase="Final" priority="1000"><![CDATA[
      field[livename].text = "Draconic Ancestry: " & field[thingname].text]]></eval>
    </thing>
  <thing id="rcDbrnTopa" name="Topaz" description="{b}Damage Type:{/b} Necrotic\n{b}Beath Weapon:{/b} 15 ft. cone (Con. save)" compset="RaceCustom">
    <tag group="AllowRCust" tag="rDragonbor" name="Dragonborn" abbrev="Dragonborn"/>
    <tag group="DamageType" tag="dtNecrotic" name="Necrotic" abbrev="Necrotic"/>
    <tag group="DescInfo" tag="raDraBrWea" name="Breath Weapon" abbrev="Breath Weapon"/>
      <assignval field="abText" value="15 ft. cone, Con save"/>
      </bootstrap>
    </thing>
  <thing id="rcDbrnCrys" name="Crystal" description="{b}Damage Type:{/b} Radiant\n{b}Beath Weapon:{/b} 15 ft. cone (Dex. save)" compset="RaceCustom">
    <tag group="DamageType" tag="dtRadiant" name="Radiant" abbrev="Radiant"/>
      <assignval field="abText" value="15 ft cone, Dex save"/>
      </bootstrap>
    </thing>
  <thing id="rcDbrnSapp" name="Sapphire" description="{b}Damage Type:{/b} Psychic\n{b}Beath Weapon:{/b} 15 ft. cone (Wis. save)" compset="RaceCustom">
    <tag group="DamageType" tag="dtPsychic" name="Psychic" abbrev="Psychic"/>
      <assignval field="abText" value="15 ft. cone, Wis save"/>
      </bootstrap>
    </thing>
  <thing id="rcDbrnEmer" name="Emerald" description="{b}Damage Type:{/b} Thunder\n{b}Beath Weapon:{/b} 15 ft. cone (Con. save)" compset="RaceCustom">
    <tag group="DamageType" tag="dtThunder" name="Thunder" abbrev="Thunder"/>
      <assignval field="abText" value="15 ft. cone, Con save"/>
      </bootstrap>
    </thing>
Also, the Shardmind race which will be in an upcoming community pack would be at least thematically inclined towards Mystics.
Hansmo is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Hansmo

Old August 7th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
Personally, I find the Wizard lacklust at higher levels. I have always loved the wizard in all versions of D&D except 4th ed. They took too much away for the ability to have a spell book. Between Concentration, lack of rituals, badly designed spells, lack of casting ability at 6th level and higher, I find the wizard as boring to play as a 4th ed wizard.
I wholeheartedly agree with you about the wizard in 5th Edition. I never played 4e. But the compounded result of restricting your ability to have multiple buffs up with concentration, drastically reducing your overall number of spells you can cast per day, especially higher level spells, and then linking improved effects to expending the already in short supply higher level slots leaves them feeling exceptionally hamstrung to me.

On the upside it is nice to have unlimited attack cantrips. But generally speaking as you get to higher levels you should be able to unleash punishing salvos of actual spells and not rely on cantrips that don't quite match melee attacks of the more physical classes.
Hansmo is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
bsmayhew

Old August 16th, 2016, 06:55 AM
I'm a bit new to the Authoring kit. Where do I put this code in the Dragonborn Race?
Also can someone send me the Mystic class they have compiled for my use?
Directions on incorporating it will be appreciated as well.
Thank You ahead of time for your help.
bsmayhew is offline   #20 Reply With Quote