Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

mastratton

Old December 5th, 2021, 05:09 PM
I have a character that is trained in the same skill (Crafting) from two different sources. According to the Core Rulebook, after the first source makes it trained, I can train a different skill for the second source.

I can check on a source, but I still get the warning (blue) that a skill is being trained by multiple sources. And when I select the new skill to be trained, I can't train it from either of the sources the train the original skill. So, I pick my class as the source for training it (because I can't unselect either of the sources that train the initial skill.)

How do we fix this?
mastratton is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old December 6th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Which sources specifically are you looking at?
mototom is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old December 7th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
Which sources specifically are you looking at?
I am making a goblin gunslinger. I took Alkenstar Tinker as my background, which makes me Trained in Crafting. I then took Munitions Crafter as my class feat, and that, too, makes me Trained in Crafting.

According to the Core Rulebook, Alkenstar Tinker would make me Trained in Crafting and therefore, I can use the Trained that I get in Crafting from Munitions Crafter to get Trained in a different skill.
mastratton is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old December 8th, 2021, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastratton View Post
I am making a goblin gunslinger. I took Alkenstar Tinker as my background, which makes me Trained in Crafting. I then took Munitions Crafter as my class feat, and that, too, makes me Trained in Crafting.

According to the Core Rulebook, Alkenstar Tinker would make me Trained in Crafting and therefore, I can use the Trained that I get in Crafting from Munitions Crafter to get Trained in a different skill.
That seems to be bugged. The normal behavior I've seen is that when something is double-trained, one of the options does not automatically check and that column shows an additional skill training available. The class feat is getting lumped under "Other," which I'm guessing doesn't pick up that behavior.
mototom is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2021, 01:54 PM
Hey there,

Any time you might run into something like this please do reach out to us via the LWD support email address, I'm linking that below, we will be able to assess what is going on and get a kind of paper trail rolling to document the specific issue and conflicting options that aren't meshing together. When you would do so including a copy of the Character Sheet PDF, the URL from the Address Bar when the Character is open, and maybe even some screenshots to showcase exactly what you're seeing can help us hone in on the issue and really does help the team out immensely.

If you do message us about this, or really any other issue, getting it into our hands via support email really is the best way as we have a newer and dedicated sort of pipeline to get that into the hand of our authors and devs versus these forums which, admittedly, has seen better days given the post reply issues and database errors, to say the least.

Thanks!
--
Ryan Furnas
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old May 23rd, 2022, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mototom View Post
That seems to be bugged. The normal behavior I've seen is that when something is double-trained, one of the options does not automatically check and that column shows an additional skill training available. The class feat is getting lumped under "Other," which I'm guessing doesn't pick up that behavior.
This still doesn’t seem to work and I submitted a bug request about it months ago.

EDIT: and I sent it a few minutes ago to the email address suggested above.

Last edited by mastratton; May 23rd, 2022 at 10:31 AM.
mastratton is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old May 24th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Just for clarity, here is the pertinent rule from page 233 of the core rulebook:

“ Each time after the first that you'd become trained in a given skill, you instead allocate the trained proficiency to any other skill of your choice—though if the skill is a Lore skill, the new skill must also be a Lore skill.”
mastratton is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Hmm, I thought I covered that. Did some adjustments a while back when you'd reported this initially and I thought it was working (issue was due to a holdover from playtest setup), but might be an issue with the specific case where I addressed a larger scope. If you've got the bug report in, it'll be on our radar to check specifically.
Daniel V is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old May 25th, 2022, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Hmm, I thought I covered that. Did some adjustments a while back when you'd reported this initially and I thought it was working (issue was due to a holdover from playtest setup), but might be an issue with the specific case where I addressed a larger scope. If you've got the bug report in, it'll be on our radar to check specifically.
I sent the bug report in a while back, and then sent an email a couple of days ago as instructed above, complete with a screen shot.
mastratton is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2022, 09:18 AM
Hey, we got a fix for this in with today's release. Just wanted to give you the heads up there.
Daniel V is offline   #30 Reply With Quote