Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

athelu

Old June 22nd, 2021, 05:51 AM
I am wanting to allow a race to be able to pick a weapon proficiency from a list of weapons. This list does not conform to a class of weapon (i.e simple, martial, exotic), but has selections from each of those.

I am doing this within a Racial Cust Special - trying to use the "Item Selection" feature with a custom expression. I just have not found an example to manually assign list items like i am trying.
athelu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 22nd, 2021, 08:34 AM
Some ideas of where to look - the first couple I found are from the favored class options:

Halfling Rogue/Ninja: Choose a weapon from the following list: sling, dagger, or any weapon with "halfling" in its name

Although when looking at this one, it's not written in an ideal form - it's using thingid tags to identify specific weapons, and it should be using IsWeapon tags instead.

Tengu Rogue/Ninja:
Choose a weapon from those listed under the tengu's swordtrained ability (which is light blades and heavy blades)

Last edited by Mathias; June 22nd, 2021 at 08:39 AM.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old June 22nd, 2021, 07:26 PM
so looking at the first example, if you could bear with me and describe what this expression is doing:

component.BaseWep & (thingid.wDagger | thingid.wSling | RaceName.rHalfling)

does the component.basewep restrict this to items in the characters inventory?

At least, when i try to modify it for my use the only options that show up are weapons i have given to the character.

for example, if i do :
component.BaseWep & (IsWeapon.wLongbow | IsWeapon.wKatana)

What i see in the picker is :
Melee touch attack
Ranged Attack
Ranged touch attack

If I add one of the weapons in the expression to the character, i can then choose that weapon. But it does not show up otherwise.
athelu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote