Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2009, 05:32 PM
We've loaded the latest update to the Pathfinder files. The major improvement this time is the addition of support for creating Pathfinder Society Organized Play characters. Other improvements include funtioning Fighter Weapon Training abilities and Bard Versatile Performance abilities, and quite a number of bug fixes. See the FAQ within the program for the complete list.

A basic overview of the Pathfinder Society content, since there's no documentation for it yet:

You'll find that the "Pathfinder Society" group is now at the top of the sources list on the configure hero form. The first of its children is "Pathfinder Society Organized Play Character" - select this for a character that abides by all the restrictions given in the guide. The other option is "Pathfinder Society Content (No Restrictions)" - select this if you want to add the factions and faction traits to your casual game (a character is not required to take a faction if this option is selected).

The Advancement Speed group has been moved out of the Optional Rules group and made its own group. Pathfinder Society advancement has been added to the options available, for those groups that would like to use those advancement rules for casual play. If you are creating a Pathfinder Society character, it doesn't matter what you select in this set of options - your character will use the Pathfinder Society XP rules.

Within the optional rules, there are three new options. If you are creating a Pathfinder Society character, it doesn't matter whether you select the options or not - they're enabled by the "Pathfinder Society Organized Play Character" option.
-If you want to use the rule that Wizards (and clerics with the Rune domain) gain spell focus in place of Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat, select "Replace Item Creation Bonus Feats". (note: this is my own guess about how to deal with the Rune domain, since only the Wizard's Scribe Scroll feat is mentioned when they discuss item creation feats)
-Select "Use Prestige Awards" to add the Pathfinder Society's prestige award rules to a casual game. These are acquired and spent on the Journal tab.
-Select the "Average HP at new levels" option to set the default value (which you can then change) for HP for each new level you add to be the average HP roll (rounded up) for that class.

Eventually (not for a few months, most likely), I will add the capability to generate Chronicle Sheets for Pathfinder Society characters, so that you'll be able to keep records of your character's exploits in the same file as your character (although reading through the guide, I believe you'll still need to print them out, since there's no way to sign them, otherwise). In the meantime, you should use the notes section of each journal to record any information that does not fit elsewhere (like the items available for purchase).

Also down the road, I intend to see what controls I can offer for the item purchase restrictions for Pathfinder Society characters. In the meantime, there are no restrictions, and it's up to the GMs to check these (as it is for any character created outside HL).
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old September 8th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Looks good.. any idea of what is next on your lst?
JimGroves is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Elorebaen

Old September 9th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Awesome! I love the addition of the PFS support. Keep up the good work.
Elorebaen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old September 9th, 2009, 11:40 AM
The awesomesauce continues. Thanks for the updates!
djc664 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
robocoastie

Old April 26th, 2010, 07:07 PM
where do we add awarded prestige points in the journal?
robocoastie is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'll get them labeled better, but it's the two fields and attached buttons on the bottom right of each journal entry that are for prestige points - they're labeled "Spend" and "Earn". The other "Earn" button is adjacent to the various money fields, since it applies to them.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote