Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

kargoth

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:08 AM
The cleric archetypes: Cloistered Cleric, Evangelist and Merciful Healer are still removing Armor Proficiency (Medium) and Shield Proficiency from the cleric class even thought there is no mention in any of their descriptions about losing those specific feats. Even if you add the missing feats, they are not recognized as being available for other feats that require them as prerequisites.

Also selecting follows a philosophy still requires you to give a name to your god and a alignment or else it gives a validation error.
kargoth is offline   #11
mycerius

Old November 17th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Crashes (no error, just goes away) when either clicking Add or Cancel on the Custom Weapon dialog. Worked or a couple days ago.

OS - Ubuntu 10.04
mycerius is offline   #12
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycerius View Post
Crashes (no error, just goes away) when either clicking Add or Cancel on the Custom Weapon dialog. Worked or a couple days ago.

OS - Ubuntu 10.04
I just tried adding a custom weapon to a blank character and I can't duplicate this. What weapon, material, and powers should I be testing with?
Mathias is offline   #13
mycerius

Old November 17th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Ok. I did some additional testing to see what might be causing my issue. For whatever reason, it seems to be connected to the number of additional skills the character has. Strange, yes but true.

Create a new character. Don't chose anything but 9 new skills (say 9 craft skills but can be any 9). Then try to add most any custom item (weapon, armor, magic item). That is when it crashes for me. It also crashes if I select Cancel rather then Add on the Custom Item dialog.

Last edited by mycerius; November 17th, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
mycerius is offline   #14
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycerius View Post
Ok. I did some additional testing to see what might be causing my issue. For whatever reason, it seems to be connected to the number of additional skills the character has. Strange, yes but true.

Create a new character. Don't chose anything but 9 new skills (say 9 craft skills but can be any 9). Then try to add most any custom item (weapon, armor, magic item). That is when it crashes for me. It also crashes if I select Cancel rather then Add on the Custom Item dialog.
I'm sorry to say that this did not cause a crash on my copy.

What's your screen resolution? Is 9 a particular number of skills you picked because it makes the skill list large enough that it needs to show a scrollbar?

Are any of those skills you've added ones you've created in the editor?

Do you have any files you've created in the editor, or gotten from others? If so, could you try finding thoes files (Tools menu...Explore Folders...User Data Folder or through the open file dialog in the editor), and move all of those files to a different folder (the desktop, or create a new folder inside that folder, and place them in there. Then, back on the main Hero Lab window and press ctrl-r to quick-reload your Hero Lab files. Now, you're back to a clean install of Hero Lab. Do you still get this crash?

Once you've tested that, move your .user files back into the correct folder, and repeat the ctrl-r to reload the files with those .user files included.

I'm sorry that this crash is happening, and that it's taking so much effort on your part to track it down.
Mathias is offline   #15
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Just an FYI. One of my players just uploaded his .por for our Saturday game and it has 22 additional/manually added skills. Both his computer and mine are having no issues with the .por file.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #16
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Just an FYI. One of my players just uploaded his .por for our Saturday game and it has 22 additional/manually added skills. Both his computer and mine are having no issues with the .por file.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean here - additional skills were added to the portfolio that you didn't manually add? Additional skills are showing up in the list for selection? Or are you saying you can't duplciate mycerius' error, either?
Mathias is offline   #17
Silveras

Old November 17th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Mathias, What I think ShadowChemosh is getting at is that he has a character with 22 chosen skills from the Craft/Knowledge/Perform/Profession sets and is not seeing the problem mycerius is reporting with 9 such skills.
Silveras is offline   #18
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I still have unwitting ally appear on my wizard spells tab. not too important, but it is confusing players who are trying to use the tool in game.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #19
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkelf007 View Post
I still have unwitting ally appear on my wizard spells tab. not too important, but it is confusing players who are trying to use the tool in game.
If you create a new character, they will not have this error, but the only way to remove this from characters created back when the error existed is to manually edit the XML of the saved portfolio. My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com. if you'd like me to fix that character for you.
Mathias is offline   #20
Closed Thread