Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Version 6.0 of the Pathfinder files are now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab. This release adds some content from Ultimate Combat - Chapter 1 (Classes), Chapter 2 (Feats), Chapter 5 (Vehicles), and Chapter 6 (Spells). The remaining content will be added as free updates for those who own the Ultimate Combat package over the next few weeks.

The Ultimate Combat package is available for $9.99. To purchase it, select the License menu within Hero Lab, then select "Purchase Data Package".

This update also greatly improves the spells available in Hero Lab - full description text is now available for all those from the Core Rulebook and APG, and the spellbook printouts have been improved, so that they do a better job of showing this off.

Here's the change list for this update, copied from the FAQ:

New Releases!

• Added content from Ultimate Combat! (Please note that some content from the "Mastering Combat", "Vehicles" and "Variant Rules" chapters of the book may not be in the initial release, but will be added after Gen Con as a free update to owners of the UC package.)
  • Added the campaign traits from the Jade Regent Player's Guide.
Enhancements & Changes

• Spells from the Core Rulebook and Advanced Player's Guide now have complete details text, instead of just the summary that they had before.
  • Updated all spells to their new Pathfinder RPG versions, fixing some issues that were due to holdovers from old SRD spells.
  • Replaced the old spell output sheets with improved ones, including the ability to print a full spell list with descriptions for your character.
Bug Fixes

• A few spells had been incorrectly carried over from the SRD, and should not have been available in Pathfinder. These spells can now only be used if the "d20 SRD Spells" setting is enabled.
  • The Witch's Knife feat was reporting errors if it was active but a Patron Spells option had not been chosen yet.
  • The cost of custom ammunition is no longer being multiplied by the size of the stack being bought.
  • The Favorite Metamagic Spells/Wordspells for a sponteneous caster no longer count towards the number of spells known.
Data File Authoring

• Archetypes that impose the Diminished Spellcasting ability (-1 spell/day at each spell level), can now implement this by checking "Diminished Spellcasting?" instead of typing a "-1" into every box of the "Spells Cast Per Level" option. Note that this will not implement the -1 domain that most archetypes with Diminished Spellcasting also imposes - that is handled separately in the Custom Abilitues section. The Cloistered Cleric archetype has been modified to take advantage of this capability.
  • Added a Special Qualities option to weapons and Magic Weapons.
  • Added the cFav1Level (Favored Enemies Effective Level) and cFav2Level (Favored Terrain Effective Level) fields to classes. When determining how many favored enemies or favored terrains to grant, these fields are used instead of cTotalLev. This allows external things to alter a class' effective level for the purpose of when favored enemies or favored terrains are gained.
  • Armor and Magic Armor can now be set to be proficient for specific groups, such as classes or races. On the armor, add a new tag to the "Specific Proficiencies" option, and on the class or race, assign that tag (it will be in the ArmorGroup tag group) to the hero before Pre-Levels/10000.
  • The Secondary Bonus Feats table for a class can now be set to ignore pre-requisites by assigning the Helper.SBonFtNoPr tag to the Class.
  • A 5th table for special abilities was added to classes. Archetypes were also updated so that they can modify this table on their class.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
Illrigger

Old August 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Any word on when the new factions and traits for Pathfinder Society Organized Play v4.0 will be included?
Illrigger is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
pr1est

Old August 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Is there any way to get the old spell output sheet back? After the 6.0 update all I can get spells to print as is these large text sections...

It didn't use as much paper and for experienced players like my group the extra descriptions weren't needed.
pr1est is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old August 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I was also hoping for the old spell output. Though for clerics and other divine spell casters an option to print all available spells would be great as my players don't know which spells to memorise in game sticking to core rulebook only.

The old listing with all spells of a level they can cast would make other pathfinder sources accessible during gameplay.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
pr1est

Old August 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM
No response for the old spell sheet output? That makes me sad panda
pr1est is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wolfe0359

Old August 16th, 2011, 07:36 AM
When will the weapons and armor from Ultimate Combat be added??
wolfe0359 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pitchwife

Old August 21st, 2011, 12:07 AM
Rather than start a whole new thread, I just want to add another voice looking for "complete" spell list help for divine casters. I've tried searching the forums and not seen a better answer than "add every single spell to your memorized list and print that, then revert." That's from September 2010, along with a "full spell lists is on my to-do list." Complete spell lists get done and I'm just not seeing it?

Merci,

Pitchwife
Pitchwife is offline   #7 Reply With Quote