Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2016, 05:09 PM
Let's try this again! The May update to the Pathfinder data files is now available! This update includes the following changes:

New Releases
  • The Magic Tactics Toolbox is now available as the first book in the new Pathfinder Player Companion #23 package!
  • Inner Sea Intrigue is now available as the first book in the new Pathfinder Campaign Setting #16 package!
  • The Mythic Spell Compendium from Legendary Games is now available!
  • Building on our improvements from last month, we’ve added additional spellbook capabilities in this month’s Pathfinder update. New spellbook-using characters like the Wizard are now prompted to add a spellbook when they’re picking their spells, and spells you get as you level up should now be added to that spellbook. Hero Lab automatically tracks the number of pages used by a spellbook, and will prompt you if you try to exceed it. Full spellbook support has been a longstanding request from many users, and we’re happy to have brought it to Hero Lab! Thanks especially to Aaron for his hard work on this feature.
  • If you’re using an existing character, don’t worry – they’ll continue to work just like they did before, although you can transition to the new way of managing your spells via the Options button on the Spellbook form. Once you do so, you’ll need to re-add spells to your spellbook, and delete the originals from the Spellbook form.

Enhancements & Changes
  • For wands, staves, and rods, previously, the equip checkbox on the Magic tab had meant that the item was available for use. Now, those items, along with some slot-less wondrous items, there are now two equip checkboxes, for the character's main and off hands, and now, equipping those items represents holding it in a hand, which means that it conflicts with holding a weapon or shield in the same hand.
  • The charges for a wand are now shown whether the wand is equipped or not, so that you can mark off out-of-combat wand usage without having to equip the wand first.
  • Because of the potential for conflicts if a character was holding a weapon and had an equipped wand, now that equipping wands and other items represents holding that item in your hand, for any character created before this update, any item that now shows main hand and off-hand equip checkboxes will be unequipped when the character is opened for the first time after this update. This is a one-time thing, so if you re-equip an item and save the character, it will not be un-equipped again.
  • Added an adjustment in the Other Adjustments list for "Equipment doesn't take up a hand", so that you can hold a wand in the same hand as your shield, if your GM allows that, and added an adjustment for the Weaponwand spell from Inner Sea Magic.
  • Spellbooks have recieved more work, and now should be better able to represent the complexities of different types of spells added to a spellbook by you or someone else. Characters created prior to this update will still be set to use the previous method, while those made after this point will default to the new method. Either can switch to the other useing an Options button on the class spellbook form.
  • Elemental Immunity and DR granted by certain spells (such as Protection from Energy or Stoneskin) is now better represented in the statblock.
  • There is now a generic "Mythic" template, which can be applied to any monster, so generating unique mythic creatures no longer necessitates using the editor. Increasing or decreasing the default MR is handled by an adjustment.

Bug Fixes
  • Extra attacks from Rapid Shot weren't showing up on the printed character sheet.
  • The Suli-Jann was not losing their elemental language slot when taking the Mostly Human ART.
  • Crane style was not applying part of its benefit even when not in that style.
  • Shield Brace feat was not implemented correctly.
  • The Eldritch Poisoner Alchemist archetype was not adding Careful Injection at 4th level.
  • The Aggregate template was not showing for those who owned the Technology Guide but not the Iron Gods EL.
  • The summary text for the Metal school's Iron Skin ability incorrectly described its AC bonus as natural armor, when it adds an Armor bonus to AC. (The ability was adding the correct type of bonus to the character when actived - the problem was only in the description).
  • The Bonded Wizard archetype added an extra copy of Arcane Bond that didn't offer a way to select a bond for that ability, meaning that it showed as a permanent error for the character.
  • The Owl familiar should be getting 2 Talon attacks, but was only getting one.
  • The Arcanist was not allowed to add more than one Custom/Metamagic spell.
  • The Paladin (Holy Guide) archetype was listing its Teamwork Feat ability at 5th level, but this has been changed in the ACG errata to be gained at 6th level.
  • On a Warcat of Rull animal companion, the Multiattack ability would generate an error once the character was at effective druid level 9+.
  • The Antipaladin's Fiendish Servant ability was offering 1 more use/day than it should.
  • The Antipaladin (Insinuator)'s Aura of Indomitability was not setting the correct DRs, based on the alignment selected for the Invocation ability.
  • The Swamp Rebel trait was not recording its situational bonus in swampy terrain.
  • The Vigilante's Combat Skill talent was not enforcing that it should only be available to an Avenger Vigilante.
  • If a Vigilante Talent added a feat, like Lethal Grace, or an ability, like Evasion, that feat or ability would be hidden while in the social identity, but those abilities should still be available, just with the caveat that you need to make a Disguise check or bystanders will realize you're more capable than you seem.
  • Vigilante Talents now make it more clear that though they are still available in the vigilante's social identity, you need to be careful when to use them or risk having your vigilante identity compromised.
  • Guided Hand was reporting an error about not being proficient with the dieties favored weapon when the hero worshipped a user defined "Other / Philosophy" deity.
  • Aasimars with the Scion of Humanity ART were not qualifying for Lycanthrope templates.
  • The Noble Scion feat variants defined for Hell's Rebels were not satisfying the pre-reqs of the Noble Scion prestige class.
  • The Vampire Hunter Inquisitor archetype's Sun Strike ability was not tracking its daily usage.
  • Shield Mastery and Armor Mastery feats were not counting as Combat feats for "all purposes".
  • The Improved Spell Sharing feat was not legally takeable by companion creatures because they could not fulfill the pre-reqs.
  • The Protection domain's Aura of Protection ability wasn't granting sonic resistance.
  • The Asmodean Demon Hunter trait was requiring the character to be a worshipper of Asmodeus, and granting the wrong situational bonus to Will saves.
  • When adding Channel Resistance to a creature using Bestiary monster creation, there wasn't a way to set the resistance value.
  • An unchained rogue with commbat tricks enabled was getting multiple copies of the Weapon Finesse combat trick.</lI>
  • The house centipdede's speed was incorrect, and its climb speed was missing.
  • Several Item Mastery feats from weapon master's handbook were missing their source.
  • The Blood and Steel spell from Deep Magic was missing.
  • The defiant item power was not prepending it's user text when displayed in the statblock.
  • The Wizard's Arcane Bond ability was not displaying correctly in the statblock when the item selected was not equipped. This was a problem if the selected item took up a hand/slot and thus may be switched out for something else.
  • The Bellflower Tiller was not showing some of its class abilities correctly in the statblock.
  • The Desert Druid's Vermin Wild Shape was not gaining access to a wider set of polymorph form sizes at 12th and 14th level.
  • Agathion Draconal had no domain spells available, even when domains had been selected on the background tab.
  • Flurry of Blows calculations were showing too many iterative attacks for characters with BAB greater than 20.
  • Some weapon like special abilities which should be treated as natural attacks for their interactions with wielded weapons were not applying the secondary natural attack penalty when the hero equipped a manufactured weapon.
  • The Lion Blade from Taldor, Echoes of Glory had its Hit Die adjusted from d6 to d8, per the Conversion Guide.
  • When customizing a 0-HD race, adding hit dice to it wouldn't always show the race entry on the Classes tab until later.
  • If an archetype altered the number of skill points a class gets, the Skill Points/Level adjustment would be ignored for that class.
  • The Fast Zombie template was only disabling out the Staggered ability of the normal Zombie template, but should instead completely remove it.
  • If a cleric/warpriest with the Liberation domain tried to take the Liberation blessing, an incorrect error would be reported that your domains need to match.

Data File Authoring
  • Added the StartBook and HasBook tag groups, which are used by the "Add Starting Spellbook" button on class spellbook forms.
  • The HexSpcCost tag group is now dynamic, but when using this tag group, be aware that only the following tags will be recognized: HexSpecCst.Road?, HexSpecCst.Farm?, or HexSpecCst.Settle?, and that there must be a number included in the remainder of the Tag Id.
  • The Helper.FromVigTal tag can be added to anything that's added by a Vigilante Talent. If the character is in the social identity (or the mundane identity), "(Disguise req'd)" will be added to the name, and text will be added to the description, to remind the user that they'll need to make a disguise check in order to keep bystanders from realizing something's wrong, if they use this ability.
  • Added the NoFavClBon identity tag group for races. Marking a Favored class bonus with this prevents that race from selecting it (which is only needed for Half elves, who saw 3 identical FCBs for witches).
  • Target tags are now generated for class helpers.
  • The Helper.HeldItem tag has been added, to mark those items that need to be held in your hands in order to work, and that those items conflict with holding other things, like weapons or shields in that same hand. All wands, staves and rods (created on the Wand, Staff or Rod tabs in the editor) have this tag already. Staves and Rods that are created as weapons do not need this tag, because all weapons are already equippable. The wondrous items tab and gear tab now have a checkbox for this tag, just below where you'd select the equipment slot an item uses.
  • Added the Hero.PowerBlHex tag, which is applied to Witches and Shamans. When present on the hero, Blood Hex feats alter themselves to apply enhanced effects.
  • Added the StandardDC.HighMental tag, which calculates the DC or a tagged ability to use the highest modifier from any mental score. StandardDC.HighPhysic does the same thing but for physical scores. This is used for the Blood Hex feats.
  • Addde the ChargeAttr.HighMental tag, which calculates the charges of something according to the highest mental ability modifier. There is a similar tag for physical attributes.
  • Added the MythicCost tag group, which fulfills a similar function to CustomCost, but is specific to Mythic abilities.
  • Added the MythicCstS tag group, a text based tag group that stores special costs (unlike the straight number of MythicCost).
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
demiurge108

Old June 7th, 2016, 02:37 PM
I,

I dont have magic toolbox and inner sea intrigue and i buy the 2016 special for 65 $ all stuff for hero labs. Is it normal ?
demiurge108 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 7th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demiurge108 View Post
I,

I dont have magic toolbox and inner sea intrigue and i buy the 2016 special for 65 $ all stuff for hero labs. Is it normal ?
Did you reactive you license? Go to License->Reactive and see if the books show up afterwards.

If not its a license issue you must email support@wolflair.com to get further help. License issues can't be done through the forum.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
demiurge108

Old June 8th, 2016, 01:43 PM
ok this is work. Thanks.
demiurge108 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
demiurge108

Old June 12th, 2016, 07:45 AM
hi,

my update 12.21 cannot disapeared when i download it from my board picture.
demiurge108 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old June 12th, 2016, 08:43 AM
"Hi,

My dog floozled recently when I ran under my roof last brown.

Can you help?"

Azhrei is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ErikZane

Old June 12th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure when this bug may have been introduced, but I can certainly say that in 12.21, I can't create a starting formula book for an Investigator. Alchemist and Wizard both seem to be working. I haven't tried any other classes at this point.
ErikZane is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 12th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Quote:
hi,

I am going with your phones auto-correct went crazy. Please re-type your question again.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old June 12th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikZane View Post
I'm not sure when this bug may have been introduced, but I can certainly say that in 12.21, I can't create a starting formula book for an Investigator. Alchemist and Wizard both seem to be working. I haven't tried any other classes at this point.
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources is a sticky thread at top of Forum where you request official support for issues. A bug is ANYTHING you think is not working correctly. Weather you know for a fact or are just wondering if it is wrong. Report it using the above links to get an official response from Lone Wolf.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 12th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Quote:
hi,

Am I understanding you correctly:

"When I download and install 12.21, the list of game systems still says that this update needs to be installed"

Is that what you meant?

If so, do you have Hero Lab installed more than once on the same computer? If so, take a look at the file path that it says it's using for the update. Is that the correct path for the copy you're currently running?
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote