Notices

tkarn

Old October 6th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Thank you for your help.
tkarn is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old October 7th, 2010, 12:18 AM
OK, this works fine now.

Where can I find an overview over d20tags and field etc. I think than I will have less questions.

How can I add energy resistance (f.i. cold 20)?
How can I add a luck bonus to AC (natural armor and dodge work well, but what's the tag for luck)?
tkarn is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old October 7th, 2010, 06:04 AM
One more question:
I have some feats, where I need a selection.

f.i. there is the energy mage feat. You have to decide, which type of energy (fire, cold, acid, sonic, electricity) you want. Is there a possibility to create my own selection menu with this 5 energytypes or have I add this feat 5 times. If it is possible, how can I use this selection for further processing?
tkarn is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM
In the Editor you can click on "Help for some basic information, and a link to the Wiki.

I would recommend making copies of things that do similar things to what you want and looking at thier pre-req's/eval scripts.

To see what fields or tags are on a thing, do this. In the main HL (not the editor) click on the Develop drop down, and "Enable Data File Debugging". Now you can right click on many things and show it's tags and fields. You can also click on Develop -> Floating Info Windows -> Show Hero Tags/Fields or Show Selection Tags/Fields (Selection is needed for things that are otherwise invisible, like Class Helpers and such.
Lawful_g is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old October 7th, 2010, 06:11 PM
In the Help Files click on "Useful Macros" and you will find that to apply energy Resistance use:

#applyresist[type, bonus]

Allows you to add a type of damage resistance to the hero. Using this macro makes sure that the highest resistance value is used, since resistance doesn't stack.

~ We're going to add damage resistance against acid, which is of type xDamRsAcid - we
~ assume that the xDamRsAcid pick has already been bootstrapped.

~ Give us resistance 5 vs. acid
#applyresist[xDamRsAcid, 5]

You could also find this by copying any of the Rings of Energy Resistance.

Luck bonuses are fields rather than tags. Look at the Stone of Good Luck (a Wonderous Item), make a copy of that in the editor and look at the Eval Script. Try and change it so it works for you, but tell me if you have more trouble.
Lawful_g is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old October 7th, 2010, 06:22 PM
For the Energy Mage feat, I did a similar thing for the Energy Substitution feat. You can make a special for each element that is invisible (not shown on either the specials or charges tab) with a particular User.Whatever tag. Bootrap the specials to the feat, and the feat has a Select From, Restrict To and Custom Expression field.

You want the Custom Expression section, which allows you to search for things with any combination of tags. Have it seach for the User.Whatever tag you have on each of the elements.

If you have my files, the Specials are named "xPickXXXX" and the tags are called "User.PickElem".

So you could have a Custom Expression for "User.PickElem".

As a side note, in case which element chosen matters, each of the specials I made also has a "User.ElemAcid or User.ElemXXXX" you can look for through via Eval scripts and change the feat accordingly.
Lawful_g is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old October 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM
One final note for Custom Expressions. Just listing somthing looks for things with that tag, you can link multiple things via "&". ALternately you can link with or via"|". Not is indicated by ! placed in front of the tag.

Example: Look for something with User tag A and either B or C, and not D would be

User.A & User.B|User.C & !User.D
Lawful_g is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old October 7th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
#applyresist[type, bonus]

~ Give us resistance 5 vs. acid
#applyresist[xDamRsAcid, 5]
It works fine for the 5 energytypes, but i need a resisteance for the elements too (fire, water, air and earth). I didn't found the tags. At the moment I use the specific tag.
tkarn is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old October 7th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
If you have my files, the Specials are named "xPickXXXX" and the tags are called "User.PickElem".
Where can I find your file?
Thank you for your quick help.
tkarn is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
tkarn

Old October 10th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
In the Editor you can click on "Help for some basic information, and a link to the Wiki.
I have less access to internet, so this possibility is not really useful (no access to internet when I can use HeroLab and vice versa).

Quote:
In the Help Files click on "Useful Macros"
Sorry, I didn't found them....

The luckbonus works fine. Thank you.

I need to add an racial bonus to attack and damage for the bite attack (or other attacks)

Last edited by tkarn; October 10th, 2010 at 11:59 PM.
tkarn is offline   #30 Reply With Quote