Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

LiamChgo

Old April 18th, 2017, 01:55 PM
I'm a relatively new user of Hero Lab, and also of 5e, although I've been a 2e player/DM for many years.
My question is when I'm using Hero Lab to build an encounter, how do I figure out the XP for it? Specifically, the encounter is all kobolds, including a 2nd level sorcerer, 2nd level rogue, 2nd level fighter, and 2 1st level fighters. I tried to import the kobold portfolio and the hero's portfolio into the Tactical Console, but could not find anything about how many XP the heroes get for defeating the kobolds.
LiamChgo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 20th, 2017, 03:32 AM
If you use the encounter builder, it will give you CR and XP for teh creatures that you choose. This information is also given at the top right of your portfolio screen (not the Tactical Console) just under the "Dashboard" heading.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
LiamChgo

Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:42 PM
I didn't use the encounter builder. I created each Kobold enemy in the portfolio as a character with class and levels (a couple of clerics, a sorcerer, several fighters, and one fighter/rogue).
So, using Dashboard, I have to go through the list of characters one by one and add up all of the XP for each one? I was hoping for an easier way.
LiamChgo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 3rd, 2017, 05:21 PM
Once you have the creatures in the portfolio you just look up the top right. It adds it up.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; May 3rd, 2017 at 05:26 PM.
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old May 11th, 2017, 07:44 AM
Is there a way to have the XP added and split automatically to the party members from the tactical console once combat has ended?
Dhrakken is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 12th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
Is there a way to have the XP added and split automatically to the party members from the tactical console once combat has ended?
No - the XP detail is display only. You'll have to divide it and apply to each character yourself.
Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote