Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bidmaron

Old February 21st, 2017, 02:00 PM
Thanks. So the cloud version is already compacted it sounds like. That is all I care about. Disk doesn't matter
Bidmaron is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2017, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Rob, what about the issue where realms are growing and you cannot free up unused records? Won't this ultimately cause everyone's storage to bloat? Especially if they do backups.
That bloat is ONLY on the desktop client. It is NOT on the server. We're using a completely different database engine on the server, and it's been configured to be smart about this stuff since the beginning. Since we've got everybody's material on there together, it had to be smart, else we'd have all the desktop bloat times 10,000.

The size of your local database is almost always going to be larger than what's on the server (there could be rare exceptions with very non-standard realms). And that's after going through the extreme process that @Silveras outlined above to pare the local database down to its absolute smallest footprint.
rob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2017, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Obviously we don't know what the servers think, but LWD's messages have stated that those who owned RW before November 19, 2014 have used approximately 4˝ months of their Cloud Service time. (Cloud Service timers were started on November 19, 2014 and suspended on April 30, 2015.)
Then it sounds like I got my "4.5 months" number flip-flopped in my head from the reality. Hmm. Alright, we'll discuss it on this end and see if we can figure out something. Thanks for the correction!
rob is offline   #23 Reply With Quote