Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Bidmaron

Old April 13th, 2014, 04:25 AM
1. (I couldn't find this in the features forum, but I know it's been discussed) Let players click on/hover over revealed pins within the reveal mask to get to the content and see the hover info.
2. Implement scaling of the overlays so that if you change the dimensions/resolution of the underlying image (by reloading a new image), RW prompts you to place the upper left corner of the overlay and then drag the lower right corner to align the overlay with the new image.
3. Provide a 'hot key' to reveal simultaneously all names of pins on the smart image. Thus, e.g., you move cursor over the map, hold down alt, and as long as the key is down, you see all map pin names.
Bidmaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 13th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
1. (I couldn't find this in the features forum, but I know it's been discussed) Let players click on/hover over revealed pins within the reveal mask to get to the content and see the hover info.
Players will be able to click and hover on the pins in the player version of Realm Works. The Player View feature we have currently is totally under the control of the GM on their machine, so presumably players would never have the mouse to be able to click or hover over the pins in the Player View window. Further, it is assumed you may be using the second monitor setup in a way where you, the GM, cannot see where the mouse is on the second monitor, so it may be difficult to move the mouse into the right place to hover or click on a pin in the Player Window.
davidp is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old April 13th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the explanation. My other two recommendations stand, however?
Bidmaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 14th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Consider this a big +1 for revealed Pin Info.

I've now run 2 face-to-face sessions using RealmWorks and am quite pleased with how it has gone. We use two monitors, passing the mouse back and forth as required. I am quite near sighted, and when cursor is in player window, I really can't see where it is. So having the player being able to hover over a revealed pin for info would be a big help.
GThiel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote