Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Merion

Old October 23rd, 2018, 01:27 PM
I've seen that there's a way to export HLC characters and import them into roll20 --> https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_C...aracter_import

Is there a similiar way for Hero Lab Online?

Context:
The group I'm playing in plays on roll20. It's the choice of the DM, so I don't have much say in that. And I'm totally cool with that btw.
Now I built my character in HLO - and totally loved it! It took me a fraction of the time than the others needed with the roll20 char sheet and I learned the rules I needed while building my char (PF2). But during actual play, I had to write roll commands all the time while the others could use their char sheet to automate things.
That's why I would love to export-import once before each session.
Merion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Geodragon

Old October 24th, 2018, 04:22 AM
There was talk about HLO at some point having an API that could be used in Roll20.

For now, I would just transcribe your information over to the roll20 character sheet so that you have a copy there.

Just looked at the new Starfinder by Roll20 character sheet,and it doesn't have a statblock import.
Geodragon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MadTruman

Old November 11th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodragon View Post
There was talk about HLO at some point having an API that could be used in Roll20.

For now, I would just transcribe your information over to the roll20 character sheet so that you have a copy there.

Just looked at the new Starfinder by Roll20 character sheet,and it doesn't have a statblock import.
I know about 20 Roll20 users who want a statblock import version from HLO Starfinder into Roll20. This would be really great to have.
MadTruman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old November 14th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Hey, all. We do hope to have things like this available in the future.
Rone is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
amz1

Old May 25th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Just to confirm, does this functionality (to export from HLO to Roll20) still not exist? I'm not seeing any option to do so, but want to confirm before I transcribe my PC manually.
amz1 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Not yet, but soon. Take a look at this ongoing thread on the subject: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64028
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
GregDC

Old May 29th, 2020, 05:05 PM
I will hope over to the other thread to see the latest. I just want to say after PaizoCon being run online on Roll20 this week I am exhausted transferring character by hand. HLO is great, don't get me wrong, but I really wish there was export to the PF Standard Roll20 sheet!!!
GregDC is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old May 30th, 2020, 05:26 AM
Rob the post you linked mentions that the "functionality on your side will be ready in weeks..not months" back in April (14th). Is it close? I have worked in the roll20 API and would love to work on getting this export completed..I am not part of Roll20 so if you are working with there devs that would be better.

Also is this a API available for us to use or an export to a file or something?

So is this a June deliverable?
marroon69 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ack

Old June 1st, 2020, 07:38 AM
I too am very interested in this. And if it isn't going to be available, I'll likely need to go find an alternative product for character creation and management.
Ack is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old June 1st, 2020, 03:04 PM
Since we have no insight on what you guys are working on for Roll20. I would like for you guys to think really hard on what Character Sheet your export works with...

If it is your own that will be a problem for all the players currently using ones already provided.

If it is the Official Roll20 (Which makes the most sense) that may be a problem for the vast majority of Starfinder (Less so Pathfinder 2) Society players that use the Simple sheet.

If it is something else or any.. well.. I don't know.
Dragnmoon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote