Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

SeeleyOne

Old July 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
The wizards can print out a spell book, which will print whether or not any spells have been memorized. Is there a way to do the same with Clerics/Druids? It is mighty inconvenient to have to go into Hero Lab every time that a priestly character wants to select spells.

I can have the character temporarily memorize everything, and print that out. This is kind of tedious (as spells remain on the list after they are added), but if done I would recommend going by spell level if you plan to actually print it out (as you only print new spell levels as they are made available from leveling up).

The benefit to this is that the spells are already entered into Hero Lab and I do not have to look through a ton of different sources. The disadvantage is that, as is, it is a pain to do. Does anyone have any better suggestions? Whether through the use of Hero Lab or some other means? I have considered copy-pasting various sources to a document, which does make it into a cohesive whole, but the information is already added to Hero Lab so I would prefer to not do it again.
SeeleyOne is offline   #341
Jamz

Old July 1st, 2013, 09:09 PM
So you want to print EVERY cleric spell, for instance? That is a lot of paper once you go beyond level 1 or 2, which is basically reprinting the book.

IMO, you would be better off using something like: http://www.thegm.org/alpha/

Just print out everything you need and in card form, you can select which ones are prepared.

Or do you just want the "list" and not the description? Personally, this is why I use HL on a tablet/laptop during gaming. So I don't have to reference x books or kill 4 trees printing everything I "could" need and anger a Treant...

A compromise may be to select all the common spells you may want/need or use regularly and then print the character sheet. There's probably a LOT of spells you wouldn't need the details on, like Raise Dead, how often do you need the details?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #342
SeeleyOne

Old July 1st, 2013, 09:25 PM
For my own character, I read pdfs from the iPad. The Hero Lab app does not zoom so it is hard for me to use (I have to use a magnifier to read it). So paper is not an issue, but looking in a ton of sources is an issue.

The other players could benefit from a printed out version, but in that case I am leaning towards just compiling the things that are not in the main book into a compiled pdf that I can print out for them.

I am legally blind in my good eye, so I need to use a zooming screen (pdf on iPad is currently the ideal), but the rest of my group can see just fine. I used to see a whole lot better. In my 2nd edition days (late 80s to late 90s), I actually photocopied the references from the other (non PHB) sources and put them into a big mega-binder. After that they made the spell compendiums, which would have been nice.

I will check out that link for my players' use. However, cards are harder for me to see than the books are (which I have to use magnifiers to read).

A summary might be a nice idea, too. I will have to consider that as well.
SeeleyOne is offline   #343
JolarEQ

Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Just curious if there is a way to display what kind of damage a specific spell will do depending on different circumstances? It may already be there, and I just can't find it.

For example, I'm creating a sorcerer with the elemental bloodline. As a special, she gets Elemental Ray, which does 1d6 + 1 for every 2 sorcerer levels. Is there somewhere that actually calculates that out, and shows what it would be at a specific sorcerer level? Under Special Abilities, it still says 1d6, even if the sorcerer level is higher.

Same for something like Burning Hands, which goes up as caster level goes up. The description says 1d4 per caster level, but doesn't show a total amount.

While I can figure this out on my own with no problem, I was just curious if there was anywhere that something like this was shown.
JolarEQ is offline   #344
JolarEQ

Old July 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
And never mind, I found it. :P It shows up under the special tab, but not under the Special Abilities button. At least the Elemental Ray does. Still not sure about something like Burning Hands, but I'll probably see it after I post this.
JolarEQ is offline   #345
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JolarEQ View Post
Still not sure about something like Burning Hands, but I'll probably see it after I post this.
Spells currently don't show up anywhere. I think I remember LW saying this is on the to-do list for some future update.

I would think with the iPad version of the software and it rolling weapons and attacks that spells would be really nice!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #346
KarmaInferno

Old July 7th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaInferno View Post
Could we have a way to use just one journal instead of separate prestige and XP journals?

I see each journal ALREADY tracks the other number - the XP journal has a readout for Prestige, and the Prestige journal has readout for XP. Would be just adding a Prestige entry box and faction select to the XP journal, no?

Also, in Pathfinder Society mode, we need a way to enter more than one XP at a time, as some chronicles award multiple XP.
It would appear that since I made this post, the XP journal no longer displays Prestige in the totals bar for each entry, and the Prestige Journal entries no longer have a readout for XP.

So now I can't even just open up the save file and add Prestige info to each XP journal entry, and have all the XP and Prestige data for each played event show up on a single neat tidy entry. I HAVE to enter two separate entries for each event played.

-k
KarmaInferno is offline   #347
Nikmal

Old July 8th, 2013, 06:06 AM
What I would absolutely LOVE to see is, if some how item hardness could be included in the description or part of the item itself. (including if it is a magical item such as a magical sword.).

Right now item hardness is difficult to look up for some people and it slows things down at the table to find the charts and such. (I have one handy now that I found on the internet) but it would be awesome if some how it could be included IN Hero Lab.

Thanks!
Nikmal is offline   #348
Quella

Old July 11th, 2013, 04:58 AM
New to the Pathfinder game system (Table Tops in general), and the Hero Labs product; which we LOVE. Great tool and not sure how people do any of this without it. Keep up the great work guys (and gals if any).

My daughter has created a 1st level Druid and the product has her select the 5 spells she would like to have memorized (4 level 0 spells and 1 level 1 spell). When we print out the character sheet the tool seems to only list the memorized spells and not the list of level 0/1 spells which she can learn each day. I have tried to print the character sheet with both detailed and summary spells, but it only prints out again the ones she selected to memorize and not all the possible spells. Is there a way that I'm missing to have the tool give me these spells, or do I just have to have her reference the Core Rules?

Really enjoying Pathfinder and Hero Labs. Sorry if this is a repeated question.
Quella is offline   #349
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
I've tried to list all items in a bag.

I'm trying to make a bag list all the things put inside it.

Alternatively, how do you get HL to list items in a bag?
risner is offline   #350
Closed Thread