Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
GregDC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 12

Old August 2nd, 2021, 01:41 PM
I first wish to say how much I like your product. I depend on it to keep my characters within the rules.

In this case, when I go to the Skill screen I show that the Sword Skill allows me to train in one skill. There are no other boxes except the Warfare Lore that is marked with an "*".
And also on Warfare Lore, there is a check already there from "Martial Disciple
Other". This check can not be unchecked. There are two checks in that column both of which are placed there by the program.

Can you tell me how I can correct whatever I have done wrong?

Thank you for your help,
GregDC
GregDC is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 65

Old August 4th, 2021, 10:47 AM
Which background in particular is giving you the option?

I think there is an issue w some backgrounds that grant a lore skill not properly opening up the skill options if that lore is already granted by another skill.

It way also be that it wants to give you a point in another specific lore but it's not one of the ones pre-made and needs you to add a custom one and name it what it expects
Thrawn82 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 65

Old August 4th, 2021, 10:48 AM
Ooops, double post from server errors

Last edited by Thrawn82; August 4th, 2021 at 10:49 AM. Reason: server error double post
Thrawn82 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dacoobob
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 299

Old August 4th, 2021, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn82 View Post
Ooops, double post from server errors
LWD: *transitions entire business model to an online server-based system*

also LWD: *can't even keep its forums working reliably*
dacoobob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mototom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 205

Old August 4th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregDC View Post
In this case, when I go to the Skill screen I show that the Sword Skill allows me to train in one skill. There are no other boxes except the Warfare Lore that is marked with an "*".
And also on Warfare Lore, there is a check already there from "Martial Disciple
Other". This check can not be unchecked. There are two checks in that column both of which are placed there by the program.
Some backgrounds or abilities train you in specific skills. HLO will check that skill automatically and you cannot uncheck it.

I assume you're talking about PFS Swords training. That allows you to train one of a handful of lore skills. You might need to add the lore skill you want to train manually by clicking the + icon. When you add a lore skill allowed by Swords, it will also show that skill highlighted and *. The skills you can train for Swords should be listed in a highlighted alert at the top of the skills list—just add one of those lore skills to your skills.
mototom is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 212

Old August 5th, 2021, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
LWD: *transitions entire business model to an online server-based system*

also LWD: *can't even keep its forums working reliably*
Apples and oranges, we're not a forum host. Not my wheelhouse on the state of things there, but the HLO servers and forum servers have nothing to do with each other.

Anyways, yeah, when a thing trains you in a specific skill, that skill is automatically checked. Some things will open themselves up if you have multiple sources of the same skill training, so you can train something else, such as in the case of class and background skill trainings overlapping. I don't think PFS Swords training is one of those though. As for Lore trainings, like mototom said those must be added manually if there's an option, at which point they will indicate that they're valid options. We avoid automatically adding lore skills that can't be removed if they're optional, since there's a finite number of skills that can be present on a character.
Daniel V is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
dacoobob
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 299

Old August 5th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
...there's a finite number of skills that can be present on a character.
what is the maximum number of skills? having a relatively low limit seems like a problem, considering the number of potential Lore skills is effectively infinite.
dacoobob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dacoobob
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 299

Old August 5th, 2021, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Apples and oranges, we're not a forum host. Not my wheelhouse on the state of things there, but the HLO servers and forum servers have nothing to do with each other.
nevertheless, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
dacoobob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 212

Old August 5th, 2021, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
what is the maximum number of skills? having a relatively low limit seems like a problem, considering the number of potential Lore skills is effectively infinite.
Looks like it's 30 skills, so you can add 14 additional skills above the base.
Daniel V is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
dacoobob
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 299

Old August 5th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V View Post
Looks like it's 30 skills, so you can add 14 additional skills above the base.
what's the reason for the limit of 30? i mean i understand having a limit, but why that number in particular?
dacoobob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.