Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Alarian

Old December 26th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Just bought Hero Lab today and so far am really impressed. The only thing that I seem to be having troubles with is getting my newly created character to have it's portrait printed out in color. The Hero Lab logo as well as the Pathfinder logo are printing out in color, but nothing else on the character sheet is. (other than the portrait, I'm not sure what else should be). How do I get the image to be printed out in color?

Thanks.

Alarian
Alarian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Alarian

Old December 27th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I posted another message yesterday but it seems to have never gotten posted. I have a question on the formatting when printing out a character sheet. I just printed out a character and the formatting seems to be all messed up. When you look at the first page you have on the left column the basic stats, then my weapons. In the right column you have the photo then a my skills.

On page two though you have in the left column, Gear, then armor, then about 5 skills and lastly Feats, Traits and Flaws. In the right column you have EXP, two more Feats, Traits and Flaws, then Spells, resources, languages, spells and powers.

Basically the Skills are messed up as well as the Feats section of the character sheet. Is there any way to fix this?
Alarian is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 27th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarian View Post
Just bought Hero Lab today and so far am really impressed. The only thing that I seem to be having troubles with is getting my newly created character to have it's portrait printed out in color. The Hero Lab logo as well as the Pathfinder logo are printing out in color, but nothing else on the character sheet is. (other than the portrait, I'm not sure what else should be). How do I get the image to be printed out in color?

Thanks.

Alarian

This is due to a bug in the printer driver for the printer not reporting that it supports color in a certain way. You should be able to fix it by going to the Settings menu and checking "Fix printer color depth bug" - after that, the portrait should print in color.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarian View Post
I posted another message yesterday but it seems to have never gotten posted. I have a question on the formatting when printing out a character sheet. I just printed out a character and the formatting seems to be all messed up. When you look at the first page you have on the left column the basic stats, then my weapons. In the right column you have the photo then a my skills.

On page two though you have in the left column, Gear, then armor, then about 5 skills and lastly Feats, Traits and Flaws. In the right column you have EXP, two more Feats, Traits and Flaws, then Spells, resources, languages, spells and powers.

Basically the Skills are messed up as well as the Feats section of the character sheet. Is there any way to fix this?
This is something we're hoping to have fixed in the Pathfinder files in the near future. Watch this space!
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Alarian

Old December 27th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks a lot. Selecting the Fix Printer color depth option took care of the color problem.

Looking forward to the next update! Been playing around with the character builder for the last two days and I'm really impressed and glad I picked it up. Our group is starting up a Pathfinder campaign and I enjoyed using your program to create a character from scratch. Without knowing much about pathfinder (Never played it before, I was able to create a character quite easily and know he is going to be legal. (A Gnome Bard).

Thanks again!
Alarian is offline   #5 Reply With Quote