Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ambush

Old December 8th, 2010, 04:59 AM
What is the possibility of somehow seeing what numbers make up a given statline? Sometimes I'll see a number that doesn't make sense to me and I'll end up spending a fair amount of time trying to deduce what rule is affecting my sheet. If there were a "debugging" option that said "AC = 10 base + 3 Dex + 3 Armor - 1 Encumbrance" it would be a huge help sometimes.

Thoughts? (Or is that already there and I just can't find it?)
Ambush is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 8th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
If there were a "debugging" option that said "AC = 10 base + 3 Dex + 3 Armor - 1 Encumbrance" it would be a huge help sometimes.
Would be nice, but not currently possible.

To make this work, there may be a need to modify all programming to additionally inject this data "-1 encumbrance" somewhere for you to see.

There may also be a way programmatically to enumerate all the scripts that modified a value (easier but you lose how much so it would just be "encumbrance")
risner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 8th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Are you using d20 or Pathfinder? The reason I ask is that Mutants and Masterminds does have something like that when you hover over a value.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Take a look at any of the game systems that are newer than d20, which was our first game system or Pathfinder, which was derived from it - you'll see what the history tracking will look like once I have the time to implement it in the mouseovers for most everything.

Unfortunately, adding it to those systems will take quite a lot of time, to alter almost everything in the program to make it record its source while applying its effects, but this capability is planned.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old December 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Take a look at any of the game systems that are newer than d20, which was our first game system or Pathfinder, which was derived from it - you'll see what the history tracking will look like once I have the time to implement it in the mouseovers for most everything.

Unfortunately, adding it to those systems will take quite a lot of time, to alter almost everything in the program to make it record its source while applying its effects, but this capability is planned.
I'm a Pathfinder player, so I guess I'm waiting. :S But thanks for the response.
Ambush is offline   #5 Reply With Quote